I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sony probably won't even use it in their own cameras, they'll probably just sell it to Nikon or something HAHA.

Either way, Nikon will end up using it, and I win.

Dunno if Sony will be selling it to a "competitor" now that they have moved into dSLR. Same reason why Nikon is developing their own sensors now anyhoo.

Dunno if Sony will be selling it to a "competitor" now that they have moved into dSLR. Same reason why Nikon is developing their own sensors now anyhoo.

I wonder how much money Sony makes from selling sensors to Nikon compared to how much money it makes selling its own very cheaply priced cameras. Lets just say once you look at the supply side of things you'd be surprised how many of Sony's direct competitors in many markets use Sony chips in their gear.

Nikon may even have been in on the development of the sensor...who knows.

Actually, when it comes to sensors...the brand swapping is quite rampant...especially with the smaller sensors in P&S cameras.

I'm sure a week doesn't go by where Sony doesn't weigh the benefit of selling sensors to Nikon vs. supporting their own SLR efforts. At some point they're going to cut off Nikon (who are acutely aware as well, I assume.)

If Nikon use it for their next camera, I'll buy it...
If Nikon skip it and develop their own 20+ Mega Pixels, I'll buy it... ASAP! ;)

At what point in the MP game does it equal a 50 or 100 ISO 35mm film strip?

12MPs seems more than enough for most professional assignments.

At what point in the MP game does it equal a 50 or 100 ISO 35mm film strip?
People have been asking this for years. I read an article, two or three years ago, about the Canon 1Ds (mark II, I think) and at 16 MP, they said it tested as well as or better than ISO 100 professional film.

For most uses, this would be way more MP than anyone needs. And the file size would really be a hindrance.

Right....the file size was not a determining factor in my mind. You'd need an array of ram/hard drives just to process the shots. wow!

well, file sie is an issue then, but you need not use all those 25 MP. Actually, an 8 MP image from a 25MP sensor will suffer a lot less from the Bayer interpolation of current sensor patterns. Also, extra pixels could be used for a wider dynamic range maybe ...

Its official the new sensor is on the sony flagship pro model !!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back