Soon to invest-recomendations?

Captain Ahab

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking to invest in DSLR - looking at (first choice)Canon EOS D30, (2nd)Rebel XT with a second macro lens. I am interested in portraiture, glamor, B&W, some nature and macro/product pics. Low light capabilities would be good too for concerts and such. I plan on trying the "strobists" methods for portability on lighting. For macro - the camera should be able to be remotely controlled. As you can see I am looking at trying all kinds of photography and I know that each of these styles really could use a different kind of camera ; it's a broad spectrum - Right now I am looking for a good all around camera that will let me explore these styles until I get more experience and maybe figure out what I like and don't like, features that I need or don't need. I have read reviews on these 2 cameras and they both seem like they would do what I want for now (I think) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Personally, I think in the long run you will be happier with the 30D. If you plan to buy a better body later on down the road why not do it now and save the money on a second body and instead buy a better lens later. Also, low light capabilities are a measure of your lens and not your body.

That's what I'll tell my wife too! It's called spending justification at my house.
I was kinda leaning on that one. I have to learn all that stuff about ASA and f stop. I know enough to get bogged down right now. But hopefully using the camera will be the key than learning straight off the pages of a book. Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back