Sooo today at work...

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw the foreman of the landscaping company that works at the jobsite I'm at and I noticed he was using a Canon A640 just from the black color and the flip screen. One of my co workers said something about his camera and he replied saying how sweet he thought it was. I was like "Oh, hold on!" So I run to my car across the muddy lawn and grab my A650 out of my camera bag and showed him and was said this is the model above his and that I also owned the one below his. I was so happy but obviously more happy than he was. It was one of those moments when you're the only one who is excited... (like when you know a really funny joke and no one gets it...) I had my DSLR in my car too but there was no way I'd whip that out with the sketchy people around. I don't even like having it locked up in my car. Anyway, that was my day. :lmao:

You know, my girlfriend is a member of many forums and from what I tell her about TPF, she says that it seems like everyone is snobs. I'm beginning to think she's right... If ya ain't got nothing to say about it, don't write anything at all.

I'm new here, and I kind of have to agree with both of you. I don't see the point of the story. You were happy, but your boss wasn't? Why were you happy? Because he had camera gear you could relate to?
And as far as the snobbery...well, I've only been here a few days, and it isn't like the other forums I'm on. One or two people, I've noticed, are a little stuck up, but I've also met some really nice people. That's just people, not necessarily the forum.

So play nice, kids!

So...

===========================================
Your friend thinks your boss has a nice camera.

You have two cameras almost the same camera as your boss... one is one model above his and the other is one model below his. You know this because his is black with a flip screen.

You also have a DSLR.

You were excited about this, but your friend - not so much.

That was your day.
===========================================

How did you ever find time for lunch! :lol:

Also, I find it funny how you bring up snob - that's kind of the first thing that came to my mind about you when you realized your buddy was admiring your bosses camera and you had to point out you had two just like it, one was a model better than his - plus a DSLR.

Oh well, whatever... I'm sure it was a great experience, it's probably just one of those 'had to be there' moments that's difficult to explain let alone type out.

Last edited:
I don't know.....

Showing off your higher end/newer camera in the manner described seems a lot like snobbery to me. Why did you stop there? Might as well shown off the DSLR as well and really stick it to him.

Then what gets me is that it is posted here and with claims that it was a highlight of your day.

Seems like a good way to piss off the boss if you ask me. If you'd had the one below his model... then work away.

Seems like a good way to piss off the boss if you ask me. If you'd had the one below his model... then work away.

It's funny you say that. While reading this I was expecting a ". . . and he fired me for bragging about having a better camera." Woulda deserved it too . . .

This may have been the dumbest thread I've ever done...It wasn't my boss. I wasn't bragging, I was telling him that those cameras are awesome and that I had the same one. Wow people. God forbid I post something about cameras on a photography forum...

it's probably just one of those 'had to be there' moments that's difficult to explain let alone type out.
THANK YOU!!! SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS...
It had nothing to do with me showing off my camera, I never told him I had a dslr...

This may have been the dumbest thread I've ever done...It wasn't my boss. I wasn't bragging, I was telling him that those cameras are awesome and that I had the same one. Wow people. God forbid I post something about cameras on a photography forum...

lol You weren't bragging, you were sharing. Pretty different, though I have to admit that I also jumped to the conclusion, from your original post, that you were gloating a bit about having the newer model. :lol:

I'm so jaded that I don't care anymore if someone has a camera, unless it's something like a medium format film body or an old rangefinder. Even before the age of digital, the average person that you saw with a camera was only interested in taking snapshots. Or maybe I'm just too cynical, as mentioned...

This is a great story. I have to share mine....

Just yesterday out in the parking lot, I saw one of the engineers that works at the plant I am working at and I noticed he was using a Bic ink pen to write something down in a notebook just from the pen cap that was pushed onto the end of his pen. One of my co workers said something about his pen and he replied saying how sweet he thought it was. I was like "Oh, hold on!" So I run to my car across the parking lot and grab my fine point Sharpie out of my jacket pocket I had in the car and showed him and said this is the pen type is above his and that I also owned a pencil, the one below his. I was so happy but obviously more happy than he was. It was one of those moments when you're the only one who is excited... (like when you know a really funny joke and no one gets it...) I had my Cross ink pen in my car too but there was no way I'd whip that out with the sketchy people around. I don't even like having it locked up in my car. Anyway, that was my day. Gotta give it a double Posting of the smiley :lmao::lmao:

So I'm out on the job and trying to get some pictures for our new clients. I pull out my camera that my wife got me and I'm snapping away, suddenly this guy comes up, totally makes me lose track of what I'm doing, talking about his camera, my camera, his better camera, his worse camera. Good lord he would not shut up and wouldn't stop bouncing around like a Jack Russell Terrier hopped up on speedballs. But after he left one of our work-release guys from the local pen showed me this totally awesome camera he 'found' on the side of the road...

holy ****, man.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back