Sorry, another question about which camera...

Luna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
Yes, as long as it's a Nikon lens or made to fit Nikon DSLR's it'll work. So don't worry about having to sell the lens when you decide to get rid of the D40.

Now do you mean will work with the d40 or autofocus? Cause the above post is right unless you mean autofocus then a lot of lenses wont autofocus. But they will on the higher end cameras. Someone can correct me but isnt it the AF-S and AF-I lenses that autofocus with the d40?

Now do you mean will work with the d40 or autofocus? Cause the above post is right unless you mean autofocus then a lot of lenses wont autofocus. But they will on the higher end cameras. Someone can correct me but isnt it the AF-S and AF-I lenses that autofocus with the d40?
Yes you are correct on the lense compatability with the D40. Which kit did you get that would help. The D80 stock kit lense is the 18-135 lense and, is $1045 at B&H so, then you would be left with some money for another pice of glass or, somethingelse. Maybe an extra battery or, the 50mm f/1.8 which is a great little lense for the money.

Most reactions

Back