Sorry for the two posts. Opinions on #2

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying something new. The genre is photojournalism. Please be as critical as possible. Thanks for looking.

Capital Curves:
curves1web.jpg

nice and balanced from side to side (obviously) but the thing that kind of bugs me is that it is such a tight crop. usually for photojournalism for architecture, one would try to fit as much in the shot as possible. if you could get in the bottom of it and take a wide shot of some people interacting maybe and the scaling curved walls up to the top i think it would accomplish what you are trying to do. just for safety's sake, i would only consider this if at least one more person suggested or agreed with it, so well see :)

No, I think you are right. Actually there isn't a crop on the photo. We could only roll back to 30mm on the lens we had, and backing up wasn't possible. But I think you are dead on. Thank you for the reply. Always trying to learn!!!!

I think that chase and thebeginning have hit the nail on the head! love the composition but perhaps would like to have seen more of the upper level, is the upper level ground level?

I can't see how this picture comes under the heading of photojournalism. By definition, photojournalism tells a story through pictures, or uses pictures to help tell a story, or encapsulates the story in one essential image. This image does none of these things.
I suggest you read a book on photojournalism, like 'Pictures On A Page' by Harold Evans, to see how it should be done.

i was thinking the same as Hertz in regards to photojournalism. i like the image in that i'm a fanatic for symmetry; that being said, you're not centered. being so close to being centered bugs me :wink:. the doors do give a sense of scale but injecting a human element may do the trick. the top also bothers me a bit; i would either try to include the building you cut off or crop down to just above the railing.

i know it sounds like im picking, but i really like the building....just not understanding the link to photojournalism.

Again; I am not seeing the photojournalism part, so tell us how it falls under that genre. I like the composition. The time of day and or exposure is a little rough. The light gives no shape to these beautiful forms. I would investigate this exact shot when the light is softer and more directional

Thank you Hertz for the book referral. I went to a local Barnes and Nobels searching for a book but didn't find one darn thing on photojournalism. I thought that was pretty weird. I guess I'll have to order the book online. Thanks again.I swear I figure out all this stuff someday. LOL.
Jon, I never noticed the off centerness before but now that you mention it, it is annoying, isn't it?
Ok, how is it for architecture? :mrgreen: No really, thanks for looking. My project for today is going to be still life. I'll try to make sure my still life is actually still.:wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back