Sort of Highkey Portrait

vandecarr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4.jpg

i like the rich, vibrant tones, but she seems to be squinting? so it is difficult to see her pretty eyes which bugs me a bit i guess! i am an 'eyes' person definitely. x

Very nice - but I'd not describe this as high key - More middle key - but lovely image nonetheless..

For some reason, the catchlight in her right eye looks too bright, like it was added later. Otherwise, beautiful colors on a very pretty girl.

Very nice - but I'd not describe this as high key - More middle key - but lovely image nonetheless..

High Key is normally very "white". Low key is normally a very "dark" shot. This shot is neither, but I like the colors all the same. :)

Thanks for all your thoughts.

The catchlights were not added. I just wish her eyes were more open.

I can't look away from her teeth...it seems to me that there is like...a "clarity" filter or whatever you would call it around her lips that makes them stand out a lot, and in turn make her teeth the center of focus...

Do you see what I'm trying to say?

I can't look away from her teeth...it seems to me that there is like...a "clarity" filter or whatever you would call it around her lips that makes them stand out a lot, and in turn make her teeth the center of focus...

Well it's a "smile" shot.

I was draw in to her teeth as well but I think it's a lovely smile shot. Would have loved to have seen a bit more of her eyes but squinting is a natural reflex and hard not to do.

My son squints when he smiles wether its bright or not, he gets those 'smily eyes' Not great for my pics of him but it's all him so I just deal. LOL This is nice and she does have a beautiful smile.
Good job!

About around her mouth this is what I did and I do it on almost all portraits.

It's a thing I learned from Eddie Tapp which he learned from Monte Zucker.

I soften the image then, using a mask I bring the sharpness back in the eyes, nose, mouth, hair and jewerly if there is any.

Well, you can't get better than Monte! (God rest his Soul).
I keep coming back to this photo. I really love the way you captured her. It's natural, but "umphed" at the same time. Great job...(again).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back