Sorta funny..sorta ridiculous

jonathon94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought I would share something that happened today in my chorus class.

Over the weekend I got use my friend Rhi's (short for Rhiannon) Camera. It was a Nikon Superzoom. Before I used it, I was told it was a very good camera, after I received it I realized it made my Grey Point and Shoot look more like a DSLR then it was (or at least as far as functionality) I joked with her and said "this weekend I realized your camera sucks :lol:" She got very offended and said "No it doesn't you two just don't know how to use it" little does she know I spent about two hours shooting with it and anyone who knows me knows it only takes 10-30 minutes to understand how to use most pieces of technology. I told her "It has no control over shutter speed or ISO." She said yes it does, you have to change it on the computer" I asked her if she knew what ISO was but despite her saying she does I could tell that she doesn't. I walked off I bet red from that argument.

The funny thing is that her friend who was defending her argument, was the same girl who told me that photography is not an art that we just point the camera and shoot. It sort of infuriates me when people who know very little want to talk like they do and say that I do not know what I'm saying. I know I'm still a beginner but I do know some. I've been studying photography for over a year now.

As a side note, although I knew from using the camera that it was basically a fully automated superzoom (with a couple scene modes), and that the ISO could not possibly be changed from the Computer (a ludicrous thought), could you imagine how much complaint a Camera Company would get for releasing a camera that had to have it's ISO changed on a computer?

Which model Nikon are you referring to? Nikon makes several different versions L120, P500, S9100, P100, etc.

Which model Nikon are you referring to? Nikon makes several different versions.

I'm afraid I don't know which model. It appears to have the body of a Nikon Coolpix but without a dial at the top

"Really?!?!? You can change the ISO in the computer? Wow! I've never heard of that! Show me how to do that.... fire up the computer right now and let me see how it's done!!!!!"

"Really?!?!? You can change the ISO in the computer? Wow! I've never heard of that! Show me how to do that.... fire up the computer right now and let me see how it's done!!!!!"

If I wasn't so mad at being told I don't know what I'm talking about I'd probably say the same thing lol

Better be careful putting down your lady's camera....or you might become the second Chris Brown to a second "Rhi", if you know what I mean....

Better be careful putting down your lady's camera....or you might become the second Chris Brown to a second "Rhi", if you know what I mean....

lol trust me she isn't my girl

She definitely won't be your "anything" if you keep dissin' her Nikon...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back