Sorting slides ideas

iks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to make sorting a large number of 35mm color slide easier than 1) a light box, 2) preview mode on scanner, or 3) projecting onto a screen. The light box is somewhat awkward, dim, and small (unless you use a magnifying glass). Preview mode only previews four at s time max, and takes as long as the actual scan. Projecting is easy to lose track of the slides you want without using some sort of note taking and notation. I also dont want to ship these off to a scanning service because of the cost.

What I would love to find for a solution is something along these three ideas:

1. A projector and carousel that can direct the output to a TV or monitor without scanning first. Basically a USB carousel projector.

2. A projector and carousel that will allow you to press either a mechanical or electronic button when veiwing a slide you want to keep, and somehow either mark them or remove them.

3. A lightbox style device that will display slide(s) (CMOS, video, hd camera) on a TV or monitor.

This seems to be a problem that would be common enough that one of these ideas hass been built for consumers

Thanks, Ian Stewart

Most reactions

New Topics

Back