Soul with a Life to Live

Boston®

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all. My name’s Boston®, notice the ®, that will be explained later. I know you’re on the edge of your seat, but just sit tight.

My real name is George Matthew, but I go by Matt. You can call me anything, but I can’t guarantee I’ll respond appropriately. I’m 19 years old and am trying to figure out what the hell I’m going to do with myself. I was asked to leave the University of Notre Dame after freshman year, a major disappointment to my family, but I now live back in Los Angeles, barely affording to pay rent in Pasadena, you know, where the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl are.

My job history is pretty diverse. I’ve worked everything from a salesperson at a car dealership to starring in a film.

I have a demanding social life, and love to party. I have a set of 5 floor Klipsh speakers and 2 subwoofers which make my apartment go crazy, and I love to host parties. Problem is, the landlord doesn’t, so that doesn’t really happen to often anymore. I just like to go have fun elsewhere.

Artistically I am fairly talented in Photoshop, and am making the basis of my income through web design and the like currently. I enjoy it and that’s the main reason why I keep doing it, other than well I wouldn’t have any money if I didn’t. Furthermore, I just got a Nikon D50, a DSLR, a big jump for me from my Canon AE-1. I really like it, and am completely happy with my purchase. I'll post photo sets up here all the time and could use critique.

Musically I've played bass in the past but am not very advanced and have never been in a band. I love following music however and my music tastes range from the poetic rap of Atmosphere to slow, acoustic love songs. Really depends on my mood

Now, I know your saying “Wow, this Boston kid is cool, but why the hell does he have that stupid ® after his name?”

Well the truth is, I spent a brief stint living in Boston, and I have always been a Boston Red Sox fan so that’s the reason behind the Boston part of my nickname. The ® is there because well, I’m an up and coming graphic designer and I just didn’t want anyone stealing my name.

“So you actually own a trademark on that name?”

Well not exactly, and I wasn’t really telling the truth earlier in that it’s because I didn’t want someone to steal my name. It’s on there because someone already had the nickname of Boston on one of the websites I visited, so I didn’t want to lose my name, so I added the ® to make myself original, and now it’s my name.

I could get into much more, but I'll spare you all of the details.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:
That's the best introduction i've ever read. Welcome to the forum!

Anyone who is a Boston Red Sox fan is welcome here :D Great to have you as a part of TPF :mrgreen:

Ditto! Red Sox rule here, no Yankees fans, I think. **ducks under the computer table**

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back