Sound Healing, does it really heal?

Ohh, I know I will get flamed for this one.

If one can;
actually break a wine glass, with SOUND
use cymatics to bring matter to life and create intricate geometric patterns in said matter, through the use of SOUND
Shatter an ear drum, with sound
Use sound to view the inside of a human body
Etc.
Is it REALLY and TRULY that far fetched to think we could shatter something like cancer cells by using the correct decibel and frequency, or help the immune system shift and move things in the body so that we can release them?

Or are we just waiting for someone smarter that us to believe that it's possible, and prove us all wrong?

No comment other than please seek a legitimate medical professional if you are ever experiencing a serious medical situation.

LOL! Hey now, I never said that wasn't a good step to take. But some complimentary healing certainly isn't going to hurt anything. AND further research and experiments are definitely in order!

The only thing alternative medicine "cures" is your wallet from being obese.
And mainstream medicine doesn't do the same? Apparently we have two very different insurance companies!

If one can;
use cymatics to bring matter to life and create intricate geometric patterns in said matter, through the use of SOUND
Etc.
Is it REALLY and TRULY that far fetched to think we could shatter something like cancer cells by using the correct decibel and frequency, or help the immune system shift and move things in the body so that we can release them?

Or are we just waiting for someone smarter that us to believe that it's possible, and prove us all wrong?

No comment other than please seek a legitimate medical professional if you are ever experiencing a serious medical situation.

LOL! Hey now, I never said that wasn't a good step to take. But some complimentary healing certainly isn't going to hurt anything. AND further research and experiments are definitely in order!

And mainstream medicine doesn't do the same? Apparently we have two very different insurance companies!

Yes but you actually might get better with modern medicine.

Think of it this way, if rubbing crystals on your elbows cured cancer don't you think the modern medical establishment would be stumbling over themselves to charge a boat load of money to have medical grade crystals professionally rubbed on elbows?

Apply the same line of thinking to every single late night infomercial new age healing widget.

If one can;
Etc.

Only if you're lucky!
Researchers: Medical errors now third leading cause of death in United States

But I suppose as I am in the minority and not actually here to change anyones mind, it is time for me to collect my essential oils, marijuana, and tibetan singing bowls, and bow out. ;-)

Last edited:

If one can;
Etc.

Only if you're lucky!

Prescription Drugs Now Kill More People than Illegal Drugs

Story at-a-glance
  • For the first time, deaths from properly prescribed drugs now outnumber traffic fatalities in the United States
  • Drug-induced fatalities are being fueled by overdoses on prescription pain and anxiety medications
  • Those most at risk from dying from this new drug crisis are people in their 40s, but teenagers and the elderly are also at risk
  • Between 2001 and 2008, there was a 36 percent increase in hospital admissions, and a 28 percent increase in emergency room visits, among children age 5 and younger who had accidentally ingested medication

But I suppose as I am in the minority and not actually here to change anyones mind, it is time for me to collect my essential oils, marijuana, and tibetan singing bowls, and bow out. ;-)

If one can;
Etc.

Only if you're lucky!

Story at-a-glance
  • For the first time, deaths from properly prescribed drugs now outnumber traffic fatalities in the United States
  • Drug-induced fatalities are being fueled by overdoses on prescription pain and anxiety medications
  • Those most at risk from dying from this new drug crisis are people in their 40s, but teenagers and the elderly are also at risk
  • Between 2001 and 2008, there was a 36 percent increase in hospital admissions, and a 28 percent increase in emergency room visits, among children age 5 and younger who had accidentally ingested medication

1) Arguing that modern medication kills more people than something else by linking to a reference which states that its overdoses/accidental/addictions/ or other missuse of medication is childish at best. It does nothing for your argument what so ever.

2) Marijuana is being used for modern medication; its illegal status in many countries hampers its use, but it is being used as a form of pain relief.

3) Modern Medicine makes extensive use of herbal/folk/traditional medication. Indeed the foundations of many medications can be traced back to those roots. Modern medicine simply studies those properties and components to find which produce the most reliable recovery and then, from that, produce chemical compositions of those components, suitable for mass market delivery.

4) Medicine is not an exact science nor is it simplistic. Many conditions can show the same symptoms; furthermore some conditions can combine and produce symptoms which mask what each of the individual underlaying causes are. As a result there is an element of trial and error in all medicine. Doctors us studies and make educated theories and take the best course of action possible.

5) Sound has got some interesting properties; however the difference between someone simply shouting at you and actual audio healing/methods is vast. Again most of these "sound curse - homoeopathic cures - crystals cure - holy water etc..." have no scientific studies that support them. What science which does support them tends to only be in-house to companies which profit directly off the sale/marketing/use of those methods.
As said if crystals could cure modern drug companies would be falling over themselves to use them - crystals being a LOT cheaper than many of those other chemical compositions that they produce. And homoeopathy is so cheap its insane - drugs companies would be leaping to use it if it really worked (as would bottled water companies).

6) Most of those "homoeopathic" and similar "cures" work by three elements
a) Placebo effect. Which is a documented scientific fact that if you think you'll recover you get an increased chance to do so. This is often augmented by the fact that many treatment centres offer long consultations and almost act as a form of psychological support. This is a big thing and its not as if modern doctors avoid it; but more that their workload denies them the opportunity to offer that as part of the treatment for many ailments.

b) Many common ailments often resolve themselves. The body isn't without its own ways of recovery and not all sickness is long lasting. As a result many ailments can resolve themselves. Some won't and never will - cancer is one of those that won't.

c) Lack of proper education/mistrust of "big companies" "doctors" "the man" etc... Sadly many people lack a proper scientific education at even a basic level. This leaves them very vulnerable to companies eager to make big profits through the sale of false medical cures. This is exacerbated by the fact that people with serious medical conditions are often in a vulnerable state of mind and very scared. As a result something that sounds really safe; sounds really easy; hasn't got any downsides; et c.. sounds far more attractive than the scary operations that could kill as much as cure you that modern medicine offers.

Only if you're lucky!

Story at-a-glance

1) Arguing that modern medication kills more people than something else by linking to a reference which states that its overdoses/accidental/addictions/ or other missuse of medication is childish at best. It does nothing for your argument what so ever.

2) Marijuana is being used for modern medication; its illegal status in many countries hampers its use, but it is being used as a form of pain relief.

3) Modern Medicine makes extensive use of herbal/folk/traditional medication. Indeed the foundations of many medications can be traced back to those roots. Modern medicine simply studies those properties and components to find which produce the most reliable recovery and then, from that, produce chemical compositions of those components, suitable for mass market delivery.

4) Medicine is not an exact science nor is it simplistic. Many conditions can show the same symptoms; furthermore some conditions can combine and produce symptoms which mask what each of the individual underlaying causes are. As a result there is an element of trial and error in all medicine. Doctors us studies and make educated theories and take the best course of action possible.

5) Sound has got some interesting properties; however the difference between someone simply shouting at you and actual audio healing/methods is vast. Again most of these "sound curse - homoeopathic cures - crystals cure - holy water etc..." have no scientific studies that support them. What science which does support them tends to only be in-house to companies which profit directly off the sale/marketing/use of those methods.
As said if crystals could cure modern drug companies would be falling over themselves to use them - crystals being a LOT cheaper than many of those other chemical compositions that they produce. And homoeopathy is so cheap its insane - drugs companies would be leaping to use it if it really worked (as would bottled water companies).

6) Most of those "homoeopathic" and similar "cures" work by three elements
a) Placebo effect. Which is a documented scientific fact that if you think you'll recover you get an increased chance to do so. This is often augmented by the fact that many treatment centres offer long consultations and almost act as a form of psychological support. This is a big thing and its not as if modern doctors avoid it; but more that their workload denies them the opportunity to offer that as part of the treatment for many ailments.

b) Many common ailments often resolve themselves. The body isn't without its own ways of recovery and not all sickness is long lasting. As a result many ailments can resolve themselves. Some won't and never will - cancer is one of those that won't.

c) Lack of proper education/mistrust of "big companies" "doctors" "the man" etc... Sadly many people lack a proper scientific education at even a basic level. This leaves them very vulnerable to companies eager to make big profits through the sale of false medical cures. This is exacerbated by the fact that people with serious medical conditions are often in a vulnerable state of mind and very scared. As a result something that sounds really safe; sounds really easy; hasn't got any downsides; et c.. sounds far more attractive than the scary operations that could kill as much as cure you that modern medicine offers.

1) Had several articles open, grabbed the wrong link- but as you can see, I replaced it. Is the new one a perfect example? Nope! I won't even pretend its close. But Im a busy gal with better things to do than persuade people who really don't care about my opinions.

The article posted was in jest with my "only if you're lucky" comment. Not intended as an actual argument, anyways. My original position still stands; that being, "Is sound a healer?" POSSIBLY! We need more research, but I won't be one to call it crazy because it could definitely lead somewhere. Stranger things have come to be, and I am excited at the possibilities of someone much smarter than myself leading the research.

When it comes to healthcare, one has to proceed with what one is most comfortable and confidant with- and when that doesn't work, try something else.

I have a camera that cures cancer of the patient when I take a portrait of them*. I'll sell it to you for $10,000.

*No guarantees, but you can try it if you aren't getting results from a medical doctor. Hey, your cancer might go away, and it might not. Why not give it a try. Just $10,000. I'll even include my manual-focus only fifty nifty for free. Works great, but AF stopped when I dropped it. See, now how silly does this sound. You'd want proof, right? Proof that this is true. So, why would you not demand proof from homeopathic treatments?

You can't go by just one study, it helps to look at the body of research. There also seems to be plenty 'out there' online to tell people what they want to hear instead of providing factual information.

Glass can break, an eardrum being a membrane could rupture or be perforated, but cancer cells?? of course there is ultrasound and maybe intensive sound waves could possibly disintegrate cells, but it's irreponsible for a website to put it out there that yelling at someone's body could destroy cancer cells.

I've read plenty of medical reports over the years and I suppose something didn't quite ring true. Apparently the study was actually more about info. on newer surgical and medical procedures not being available in a national database. Which may be a valid point.
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/403611589who-keeps-track-if-your-surgery-goes-well-or-fails

I found this article describing 'pseudoscience' and it being published in journals affiliated with BMJ but that's probably due to disreputable 'publications' in these days of getting people to pay to be published more than the British medical field itself.
Fake Medical Journals Are Spreading, And They Are Filled With Bad Science

I've made the same comments to my wife regarding "natural is better". Mercury is natural. Arsenic is natural. Heck, cancer is natural. But, I digress.

When "natural" remedies go wrong (this made the rounds some time ago): Chinese man left with horrific holes on his back after botched cupping therapy | Daily Mail Online . Don't go there if you're squeamish. Horrifying.

It's important to kep an open mind but not so open that one's common snse falls out.

Is health in Tibet much better than in the US in a matched population?

Will Tibetan singing bowls heal a fractured leg or prevent cataracts or fix decayed teeth?
If one looks in the the pile of discarded medical appliances at Lourdes, there are crutches and wheelchairs but no false teeth or wigs.

Healing Touch and Coronary Bypass

A double-blind randomized controlled pilot trial examining the safety and efficacy of therapeutic touch in premature infants. - PubMed - NCBI

Studies on intercessory prayer - Wikipedia

I used to take some musical therapy when i was on Greek. The sounds making me so relaxed and it feels really great.

Most reactions

Back