South African Penguins

TIM9G

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.9g-photography.fotopic.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Boulders Beach is situated on Cape Point, South Africa. Aparently it is the only place on the continent where penguins can be found. Also known as the jackass penguin, there were plenty to be found.

ynfynw.jpg

yn3zw8.jpg

ynfy4e.jpg

ynfy44.jpg

ynfypf.jpg

ynfyl9.jpg

Many, many more images at www.9g-photography.fotopic.net

Cheers

Tim :wink:

Great shots there Tim of what can only be described as "Evil Creatures" nowhere near as cute as an Otter ;-)

faves are number 1 and 3

Great photos, its strange to see penguins without snow!

These are all nice! I especially like the first, it looks like a promo shot for a penguin action/rescue movie LOL

These are lovely shots. I only wish I had the ablity to take such great shots like those.

eek7.gif

doh%20%2820%29.gif

Oh man, what awesome pics!!!! Love, love, love them!! Thanks so much for sharing these. [Are penguins not the funniest/cutest things to watch???]
emily_clapping.gif

and they grill so well....only bald eagle tastes better.

yea south africa???? what the hell, what were they doing catching up on their tan?? sunbathing....

Apparently Polar bears absolutely hate penguins...... they struggle getting the wrappers off :D

:( :(
Sorry... ill go and get my coat...

Tim - when I was in Antarctica, we were asked to stay 25 feet away from the penguins (although if they walked up to us, that was okay). Were there any such guidelines at Boulders Beach (perhaps not, as they are likely more used to having people around the penguins there)? How close did you get to some of them?

Mmmmmm I wonder who is know planning a trip to South Africa? :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back