Southeast Michigan Monthly Meetup!

I lived in Michigan for 6 years (4 in mid town Detroit behind the DIA and 2 years in Troy/Clawson) and now in Atlanta, possible moving again soon. I really miss Detroit, but not to the point that I will want to move back.

Anyways, there are a lot of neat spots in Detroit that are awesome for shooting, especially in a group for safety reasons. One will be the area around Alfred and John R near downtown. I don't know if they tore the houses down, but there are many abandoned but absolutely beautiful houses from the early 1920s. There's also the spot around Palmer and John R with some nice houses abandoned or not. If you go north a few blocks, you will find the very building where Henry Ford designed and produced the model T. I think it's the corner of Beaubien St and Piequette st. The most awesome spot I've shot at is the Motorcity Industrial Park(huge abandoned factory that used to be the Packard car company from the 50s), located on E. Grand Blvd and Mt. Elliott. I've never broken into the Central Station in Detroit but have always dreamed to. Be careful!

Oh oh, forgot to mention another hidden treasure of the state. Cranbrook Academy of Art in Bloomfields. It's a national historic site, absolutely beautiful architecture and landscape. It's a mecca of American design. Went to school there, best two years of my life. It's on Woodward north of Beaver Rd, and is always opened to the public.

^^ yeah cranbrook would be a good one. Im planning on going there in the spring to shoot. I would deff be interested in meeting up, maybe cranbrook would be a good start (sounds like nothing ever happened). I havent been there in about 10 years but its pretty close to me.

Lets get this going :D

Thanks
Gian

I have to ask, is this happening? I'm in Farmington, and would love to meet with people who know what they are doing. :p

Bump from Roseville

Most reactions

Back