Southern Bikini Girl

You underexposed this in camera and pushed it in post?

You underexposed this in camera and pushed it in post?

I thought he meant he underexposed for the girl in camera and used fill flash to expose her properly.

I thought he meant he underexposed for the girl in camera and used fill flash to expose her properly.

Could be. I would be interested to know for certain.

your compositing skills are good, but not great. the light does not match, and the lie of her hand on the branch is bad. still, good effort.

The pose is not flattering for this type of shot. You need to try to elongate the body as much as possible. You really can't tell she has a waist here because of the way her arm is laying.

your compositing skills are good, but not great. the light does not match, and the lie of her hand on the branch is bad. still, good effort.

ok.. i zoomed in on this one and don't see (other than the big variance in lighting) why you say its a composite? maybe im being a dumb dumb.. but that would have to be a fantastic job done by op with her hair??

An ELA analysis would suggest that this isn't a composite IMO.

ok.. i zoomed in on this one and don't see (other than the big variance in lighting) why you say its a composite? maybe im being a dumb dumb.. but that would have to be a fantastic job done by op with her hair??

The biggest tell is the hand resting on the branch. It casts no shadows. At all. The edges all around feel wrong, too sharp maybe? This can be done with lighting, but it made me look closer.

The cutting out is quite good, yes.

It looks like one speedlight flash, lighting a real girl, leaning on a real tree to me...I looked at it somewhat closely, and it doesn't look like an obvious composite to me either...I dunno though, I'm easy to fool whenever pretty girls are involved...

The biggest tell is the hand resting on the branch. It casts no shadows. At all. The edges all around feel wrong, too sharp maybe? This can be done with lighting, but it made me look closer.

I refuse to believe. lol Where is OP to clear this one up?? There are far too many spider web tiny little stray hairs off in the wind there.. impossible.

I refuse to believe. lol Where is OP to clear this one up?? There are far too many spider web tiny little stray hairs off in the wind there.. impossible.
Well, no, it's really not impossible. I can mask and composite stuff with hair like that, no problem.

Nonetheless, having looked closely, I don't think for a moment that this one's a composite.

Look at the shadows of the leaves left of her face, and look at the shadows on the right side of the girl, especially around her hand-on-the-branch, but generally as well (camera left/right in both cases) and tell me where the speedlite is?

Most reactions

Back