Southport Airshow

JonathanM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Despite wet weather on saturday, sunday was a splendid day.

My first effort at airshow photography, many thanks to Lostprophet for the advice on exposures- still couldn't get enough blur on the helo rotor blades though!!

1) Red Arrows
_9030035_edited-1.jpg

2)
_9030055_edited-1.jpg

3)
_9030081_edited-1.jpg

4) Hunter "Miss Demeanour"
_9030119_edited-1.jpg

5) Red Bull Sea Vixen
_9030183.jpg

6) Typhoon/Eurofighter
_9030212_edited-1.jpg

That 3rd Arrows shot is great!! I'm always too far over to the side when they break like that.

One good thing when its been a bit wet is the vapor coming off the wind tips in shot 2

I've never seen that Hunter before, saw loads of the thing at Kemble but not that one.

The Red Bull sea vixen is stunning

as for the typhoon, its a bit dark but as it never seem to do topside passes and only underside passes most of my shots of it are like that one.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with the Typhoon being a bit dark, but of the ones I took in that session, there were no topside shots to be had - but the noise & speed were phenomenal! The 3rd Arrows shot is my pic of the bunch, I missed a second when they had all spread out a bit more, I lost red 1 off the top of the frame.

IIRC from the programme, the Hunter is new to the airshow circuit - or maybe a new colour scheme?? Either way a stunning plane.

I'm certainly going to try & get to a few more shows next year, or at least return to Southport as its my local. Thanks for the advice re exposure, still couldn't get prop or blade blur though! More practice needed i think.

yeah, #3 is really cool... great captures... :thumbup:

#3 is awesome!! I love it!! They are all very cool though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back