Southwest

Tangerini

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm currently visiting my parents in New Mexico, and while I'd love to go out shooting, it's too hot for me and my cooler climate spoiled-ness.

It's times like these I really wish I were an early morning person. It's gorgeous here in the mornings, but I'm not very functional negative two cups of coffee.
I've been such in the vacation mode that in the evenings when it cools down again I'm too sleepy to muster up energy... hopefully I can suck it up and get at least a few shots before we have to head back to reality. :er:

/whine

Whoa, slow down there, Maestro! There's a NEW Mexico?

I've never been there myself, but hear it's beautiful. And I also suffer your affliction with coffee and mornings. Not that I hate mornings; I just don't like to get out of bed while it's still morning.

How long are you gonna be out this way? And were are you visiting from?

Easy: just don't go to bed. Depending on where you're at in New Mexico, you've probably got some amazing dark skies. Go out, do a sunset-to-sunrise session, worry about sleep later. The moon is almost full right now so you won't get super dark skies, but that gives you the potential for a lot of moonlit scenes. And it does cool down, sooner or later :)

You must go West on I-40 to the White Sands and take pictures there. It's worth the time. Also, you could take advantage of the full moon and take an Ansel-like shot in Hernandez. But that's farther (I assume you're in Albuquerque).

Forget everything everyone has told you about New Mexico and listen...

Roswell... Its real... Go there! Make us believe! Get a cool picture of a UFO or a ray gun or something!

[/conspiracy] :)

If you can't tell by my avatar, I find the paranormal to be intriguingly funny.

Njp, you crack me up. ;) I'll be here for almost a week longer and I haven't come all that far to get here (Colorado).

SH, I actually lived here for a few years (yes I'm in Albuquerque Mitica) should I still forget what I've heard? :lol:

And Victoria, sleepless nights for me aren't much of an option (at least not by my own choice) since I have kids who demand attention.

If we have enough time White sands does sound worth the short drive... can't remember if I've been there before. I'll keep you posted on my lack of motivation.

Oooh even better-- drag the kids out to go stargazing! I remember my parents would drag us out of bed to see meteor showers and stuff. Probably the reason I abuse myself with a hobby like astronomy.

You're almost in Oregon! You know you want to visit here!

Stargazing would definitely be a nice option, I bet they'd love it!

njp, I would love to visit Oregon it's one of the states I haven't been to that really interests me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back