IMG_0066b.jpg

IMG_0074b.jpg

4. dunno why but I like this one a lot!
IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0049b.jpg

IMG_0015b.jpg

IMG_0062b.jpg

I think I'd rather be in Spain right now. Looks like a fun time.

Good set.

mentos_007 said:
:thumbup:

You might want to consider bumping up the contrast a bit.

danalec99 said:
:thumbup:

You might want to consider bumping up the contrast a bit.

Dan, could you tell me why you like it? A few people told me that this picture is good but they couldn't express themselves why...

mentos - that one is probably my favorite too. The boy's expression, the depth of field and the composition (busy surroundings) 'pull' the boy out from all of it. It reminds me of a moment when you're lost in thought and feel like there's absolutely nothing going on around you, no matter how much actually IS going on.

mentos_007 said:
Dan, could you tell me why you like it? A few people told me that this picture is good but they couldn't express themselves why...
Neither can I, Alex.
Perhaps it's the child's expression and/or the dof and/or the way you've framed it and/or ... I really don't know.
It's just that I don't usually try to 'analyze' an image. The response happens within me and maybe I haven't grown yet to express those feelings in words.
Or maybe I don't want to dissect an image. At this phase where I am at right now, the 'magic' is gone when we put our thoughts in a couple of words. To me it's like limiting the potential of that particular visual.
It's sort of like defining 'love'. Photography is an emotional experience for me.

danalec99 said:
Neither can I, Alex.
Perhaps it's the child's expression and/or the dof and/or the way you've framed it and/or ... I really don't know.
It's just that I don't usually try to 'analyze' an image. The response happens within me and maybe I haven't grown yet to express those feelings in words.
Or maybe I don't want to dissect an image. At this phase where I am at right now, the 'magic' is gone when we put our thoughts in a couple of words. To me it's like limiting the potential of that particular visual.
It's sort of like defining 'love'. Photography is an emotional experience for me.

I think this is a great explanation! thank you :D

this series looks amazing! i love them all! personally, i find it strange (in a good way) when i take pics of people's lives who i dont know. i quite like how i will never know a thing about them and yet i have a frame of their life.

Great shots :D

I'm not big fan of portraits but i do love random people shots :D

#2 and #8 are my favourites :D

HI

VEREY NICE I LIKED SOORY FOR MY ENGLISH IM NOT VERY GOOD BUT YOUR PUC IS SO NICE

ABDUL-RAHMAN

The photo of the boy standing by the palm tree day-dreaming with his face all relaxed is about my favourite of this series, too. Your choice of DOF is so great here, and your overall composition, placing the boy to the side of the action going on around him while he himself is all still and seemingly lost in thought...

But I also like the lady with her dog. You kindly focussed on the dog pushing the lady herself a bit into the soft side of your composition, which may well be appreciated by ladies starting off my age... ;) ;) ;)

The shadow in the first which I assume you used as a means of composition there is a bit strong for my liking and unfortunately I find it more distracting than adding to the pic ... I so long to see some more of the girl, actually, but feel the frame is a bit overpowered by the shadow... just my feeling.

That candid scene in the bar is nice, though I am not sure the lady you captured there with her coffee cup in hands would be pleased to see herself like this with those rings under her eyes ... if I were her, I'd hate this aspect about myself. And something tells me that the man on the graffiti'ed wall does not see himself like he is (and shows in your photo here), either. Both, I should imagine, picture themselves still as younger and less showing their age (I know I do and usually get a start out of the photos I see of myself :oops: ).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back