Sparrow and Goldfinch in flight

These composites yeah? They are both lovely. Although bird 2 is a female house sparrow if I'm not mistaken :) They have yellow on their bottom beak that's how I normally ID them.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

These composites yeah? They are both lovely. Although bird 2 is a female house sparrow if I'm not mistaken :) They have yellow on their bottom beak that's how I normally ID them.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Yeah your right. I'll remember that with the beak. Even with a bird guide beside me I often get it wrong. :)

I am not sure you would call this a composite. From what I understand a composite is combining distinctly different images together. Since this is the same bird and same background, just stacked, similar to a bracketed image, I'm not sure you can call it a composite. But I could be wrong there to. :)

Very nice! Quite difficult to get them in flight and I like the stacks.

Thanks. I'm still working on trying to get that perfect focus and sharpness. I have to be pre-focused for these shots. It would have been better if I had more sun and it was in the right position so I could us a smaller aperture, giving me more room for an in focus shot, and still keep above a 1/2500 shutter speed so the wings aren't blurred.

Most reactions

Back