Sparrow on a chilly morning

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yuck, -5 this morning with the windchill.. No raptors to be found. I spent some time fine tuning my Sigma 120-300 last night. After it was repaired the fine tune has changed to +11 from +5. Found a very willing subject... Comments welcome. All with 2x TC. Default sharpening in LR5 then a high pass at .5 50%

Sparrow in the Snow again 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

Sparrow in the Snow again 2 by krisinct, on Flickr

Sparrow in the Snow again 3 by krisinct, on Flickr

Sparrow in the Snow again 4 by krisinct, on Flickr

Sparrow in the Snow again 5 by krisinct, on Flickr

Not too bad. Second one is my favorite, all things considered. I sure am looking forward to hearing from you about the way the new Tamron 150-600mm zoom performs. I hope to heck they start shipping those things out in F-mount STAT.

Is that a European or African swallow?

Amazing detail!
Thank you!

Not too bad. Second one is my favorite, all things considered. I sure am looking forward to hearing from you about the way the new Tamron 150-600mm zoom performs. I hope to heck they start shipping those things out in F-mount STAT.
I know it is killing me! I've never pre-ordered any camera gear. Can't believe it is like a 3-4 month wait :(

Is that a European or African swallow?
Not sure it was unladen :)

You do great work with a 2x TC, us mere mortals don't fare as well with those :confused:

You do great work with a 2x TC, us mere mortals don't fare as well with those :confused:
Thanks you!
The Sigma 120-300 with the 2x is very sharp at F8. It's actually better than I could have hoped for... It is almost use-able wide open at F5.6, but I like the sharpness quite a bit more stopped down.

Its great capture what else can I say the one with the 3rd one i was amazed and the 4th one as well they are great amazingly great.

Coastalconn. I am very interested in the new Sigma 120-300. What are you talking about when you mention fine tuning the lens? Is this something you have to do often? How was it out of the box?

#2 brings home the bacon. Nice shots

Thanks everyone!
Coastalconn. I am very interested in the new Sigma 120-300. What are you talking about when you mention fine tuning the lens? Is this something you have to do often? How was it out of the box?
I always fine tune my lenses. Some lenses ca be fine at 0. It is a settting in your camera that allows you to shift the focus plain. I'm not sure if you saw my reply to your other post because it got moved.. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...8-nikon-200-400-4-vs-sigma-120-300-2-8-a.html

Most reactions

Back