invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon D70s, f/3.3 @ 60 mm, 1/1600, ISO 200

Does anybody know what flower this is? Help will be appreciated.

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
Pointy!
This is cool ... could it have turned out to be a tulip? Hard to tell with only the bud. Where's our member "DigitalFlowers" when we need him? ;)

For how long did you move the camera this way and that way to get the background composed as you did?

Pointy!
This is cool ... could it have turned out to be a tulip? Hard to tell with only the bud. Where's our member "DigitalFlowers" when we need him? ;)

For how long did you move the camera this way and that way to get the background composed as you did?
"Pointy" was actually the first title I gave this photo (then changed it to "Spear", then "Spearhead"). Great minds thinking alike, I guess ;)

I only took 2-3 shots of this baby tulip (it's probably a tulip, thanks for the feedback). I'm still getting acquainted with my macro lens so I anxiously move from one subject to another to try things –much like a toddler with a new toy. Out of maybe 20-25 flower shots that I fired on Saturday, this is the only one that I'm happy with.

Why on earth would I use a 3.3 aperture with all that available light? The background would have still been blurred had I stopped the lens down, but the subject would have been better defined from top to bottom. (Then again, I was shooting handheld so I the extra available speed was welcome.) Like I said someplace else, the learning curve with a macro lens is steep :)

Thanks LaFoto and malicky!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back