Specialty filters

JNK8665

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking at various pics on internet, and really like some interesting images created using various specialty enhancement filters. What do you all recommend as to a full arsenal of filters one can have, and what kind of effect do they produce? Can you upload pics that used the filter to demonstrate their function? Thanks!
Polarizer/UV/IR I have...

Well in the digital work pretty much every other filter can be done in software. In the film world there's literally countless others. a B-Y Polariser can't be done in software though, so if you like landscapes it's worth looking into. A ND filter is often used to bring the shutter speed down in the light which also has many uses. ND Grad filters which someone here would otherwise recommend can be done in software if you have 2 exposures.

i shoot digital and have a polariser, ND for slower shutter speeds, a graduated ND for producing nicer skies, and an infrared filter. i think just about everyone has a uv/skylight filter on for lense protection. i would recommend the graduated ND.

I have UV on all my lenses for protection mainly, a Hoya Pro-1 Digital Circular Polarizer, and a couple different types of GND filters for skies. While the effects from the GND can be achieved in photoshop for $75 you can save yourself some PP time, esp. if you shoot a lot of landscapes.

I also have a ND filter for slower shutter speeds, but don't really use it much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back