Specific Online Printing Needs

themonko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.justinkorn.com
Hello forum people,

I have recently ventured into the world of digital photography and nowready to get some blownup prints of pictures I like. I actuallylused MPIX for my first set and wasn't exactly satisfied.

Here is what I am looking for:
1) white borders on prints. and if I add them manually, they don't get chopped.
2) matte paper prints (not glossy)
3) pure black and white available
4) good explaination on website of what each service provided is (ex:if a frame is offered, provide picture and details of the frame)

That will do for now. If anyone has an online shop they are happywith that they are extremly happy with, please let me know. I amonly looking to print blown up prints right now (8x10 andbigger).

Thanks for any help!

Any borders you want, you should add to the print yourself. If you want an 8x10, make your image 8x10 with the borders and it will not get chopped.

Pure black and white means you need to have your color calibrated to the printer. Get a copy of the .icc profile of the printer so you can accurately proof your color at home before you send it out.

As far as sites, I get my prints locally, and through DeviantArt.com.

If you have any Costco stores near you, they have Noritsu printers. You'll get very high quality from them, and you can proof it right there.

Thanks Matt!

I actually did add borders to my prints and for some reason they got chopped.

When I was talking about pure B&W, MPIX offers pure black and white prints, meaning the paper is B&W and the printers are BW&G tones only, so if your picture is truely B&W, it will be printed as is. My B&W prints actually came out very nice (expect for the border thing).

I will check out DevianArt, and Costco may actually be the cheap way to go in any case (expect I have to get there and back to pick up).

Again, thanks for the suggestions!

**EDIT**
Can't join DevianArt...
"We are sorry, but you are attempting to create an account from a network or Internet Service Provider (ISP) that is shared by an abusive individual. This individual's repeated actions have forced us to ban your shared ISP, causing you this inconvenience.

This type of ban is reserved for only the most extreme cases of abuse and prevents anyone using your particular ISP from creating a new deviantART account.

This may be either a temporary or permanent measure depending on the nature of the abuse. Due to the manner in which your service provider handles its users we are unable to narrow the ban any further and cannot specifically exclude you.

This does not imply that you have personally caused this action, but rather it may be the actions of someone unknown to you who simply shares your ISP.

Please be patient, or, if the option is available, use a different ISP, until we feel that this ban may be lifted or otherwise modified."

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT!?!? Any other online suggestions? They looked good too... :(

I have bought from DevianArt before their prints are very good. Personally I get my prints made at Costco or Adorama both do very fine work. My Costco uses Fuji lustre paper it is a little glossier IMO than the Kodak lustre that Adorama uses. Costco will add borders, Adorama’s print whizzed software will also

Most reactions

Back