Speed light Transmitter recommendation?

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I just bought a Canon 5D IV and obviously can no longer fire a flash with my on board flash because it doesn't have one. I have a yongnuo yn686ex-rt. When I get better with flash I'll eventually upgrade to canon flash. But for now I'd like something I can fire this flash with and have future expandability.

I would steer away from Yongnuo solutions at this juncture and consider you investigate Godox triggers, lots of options are available.

FWIW, down the road when you want to add another speed light I would look to Godox rather than Canon. For nearly the same money you can buy a Godox AD200 Pro which has 200 watt/seconds compared to a Canon speed light @75 watt seconds. The Godox is vastly more capable and includes a bare bulb option.

I would steer away from Yongnuo solutions at this juncture and consider you investigate Godox triggers, lots of options are available.

FWIW, down the road when you want to add another speed light I would look to Godox rather than Canon. For nearly the same money you can buy a Godox AD200 Pro which has 200 watt/seconds compared to a Canon speed light @75 watt seconds. The Godox is vastly more capable and includes a bare bulb option.
Do the canon triggers work with godox & yongnuo? I may switch to godox eventually. I just need a trigger for the flash i have now and if it's universal, that would be awesome.

I have no idea, I am not a Canon user. If you buy a Canon wireless solution I am betting it will only work with Canon speed lights and spend way more money for no real benefit?

I use hahanal remote triggers for my flash units
One part fits on the hot shoe the other on the flash, they don’t rely on line of sight which is a bonus

The older Canon speedlite systems typically was one-two and four unit systems.

The newer systems are far more advanced and not bank busting.

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT

the real crux is the cost of the flashes. but there are so many options, and usually they work ok together.
I have a Speedlite 430EX and a Pixle Pro flash. The only issue is that I have the older transmitter and it only controls two lights. Plus the Pixle pro has to be the master and the 430ex the slave.
(Go figure.)

It really depends on needs and setup, but even some of the newer transmitters with all the bells and whistles gor for much less used and work just fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back