KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a small audience last evening when I was making some images of this telephone booth. One of the guys in my audience didn't believe me when I mentioned I could change the exposure of the background without changing the exposure of the foreground because I was using strobed light.

So, I made this quick sequence to demonstrate and realised, half way through, it might also benefit people here at TPF: All are 1 stop steps in shutter speed, except the last which is just 1/3 stop...... all are at f/3.5. ISO 200 (D90, 1/200 sync).

1/200
BoothIID907-28-9_040.jpg
1/100
BoothIID907-28-9_041.jpg

1/60
BoothIID907-28-9_042.jpg
1/30
BoothIID907-28-9_043.jpg

1/15
BoothIID907-28-9_044.jpg
1/10
BoothIID907-28-9_045.jpg

Caught a fire fly in the 1/30 image.

Good display Keith - thanks! :)
Would have been good to have added a series of shots at each shutter speed though without the strobe/flash - just to show that the amount of light it addes to the scent (or box in this case) varies as the shutter speeds slow down as well. The strobe providing far more light for the first shot with a faster shutter speed than in the latter shots when the slower speed allows more light gathering and less dependancy on the flash

It is amazing how many people, who call themselves photographers, do not know of this one simple, easy concept.

Maybe because I do a lot of weddings this year, but I *live* with that concept in 99% of the shots that I do.

hey thanks for sharing! :D and i thought shutter speed is not that important at all in flash photography :D

It is amazing how many people, who call themselves photographers, do not know of this one simple, easy concept.

Maybe because I do a lot of weddings this year, but I *live* with that concept in 99% of the shots that I do.
I guess I should have taken a day or two and done a proper tutorial instead of a quicky.

I don't do weddings, but yes, I still call myself a photographer.

Thankfully, I don't call myself a teacher.

Most reactions

Back