Speedlite that's always on

rwalsh81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm probably entering the information in wrong when I'm doing a search. But does anyone know of a speedlite that's got a mode where it's always lit? Trying to do some stuff with back lighting and it would help.

A speedlight by it's design is incapable of providing continuous light. Some models have a modelling light function where they will produce a very rapid series of low power flashes to allow you to assess shadows and lighting ratios. Out of curiosity, why do you want a continuous light for a back light?

You'd need a continuous light/video light to do this. Depending on the power and control you need, you can actually find these pretty cheap.

A speedlight by it's design is incapable of providing continuous light. Some models have a modelling light function where they will produce a very rapid series of low power flashes to allow you to assess shadows and lighting ratios. Out of curiosity, why do you want a continuous light for a back light?

While I'm setting up the shot for a project for a friend's business I want to make sure the products will be displayed in the best possible way.

While I'm setting up the shot for a project for a friend's business I want to make sure the products will be displayed in the best possible way.

Either a continuous light or a studio strobe with a modeling light is what you need.

If you give us a budget and explain exactly what you’re lighting we can recommend some models.

What you are asking for is a modeling light.
This is an inherent problem with shoe flash/speed lights, they don't have one.

As Destin said, a continuous light (tungsten, LED, etc) or a studio strobe with a modeling light.

this is why speedlights dont belong in the studio.

this is why speedlights dont belong in the studio.

Wouldn’t be in a real studio. It’s a portable thing I got on Amazon made to shoot products and do all sorts of Macro work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back