spell check

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not sure if the spell check is thru the board or my browser, but the problem only happens here. Lately it's been wacky, leaving horribly spelled words alone, and underlining the isn of isn't, and couldn of couldn't, etc.

Strange things. But as I said, not sure if it's browser or bbs that handles it.

Other forums I go to have a spell checker in the reply box (a button up there next to the IMG, Link, bold, etc buttons). There doesn't seem to be one here.

I use Aspell thru Opera. I just right click and select "Check Spelling". It doesn't underline words as you type though, so you won't know if it's spelled wrong until you check it.

I don't believe that there is a spell checker here at TPF. There is one built into Firefox which is what I use most (sometimes I use IE7 which doesn't have one). If you're using Firefox, it might be worth making sure you have the correct language pack installed. I use the UK English one, but it doesn't seem as extensive as something like Word would be.

On IE, I'd recommend installing iespell.

I use Firefox and the spell check works as good as ever.

I gave Google Chrome a try, a little while back, and while it was still in the testing stage, the spell check was terrible.

Ok must be my end then. I use firefox but this is the only forum that the problem is on, so I was confused. Thanks for the answers :)

On the mac, the spell check is automatic in anything typed, pretty much.

But I have a feeling that the "big offenders" with bad spelling wouldn't bother to check it, anyway, even if they had the built-in option.

Most reactions

Back