Spider

cowbert098

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ppbt.net
I took this photo in my back yard the other day. I did some research and aparently it is a jumping spider (salticidae) with eight eyes :shock: .

spider.jpg

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puke: Well, the picture itself is pretty cool...but the spider...IIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!!

Nice picture but um... I'm sorry.. I never want to see a spider that close again.. Ugly thing.

Nice shot! And I like the spider too, I don't know why everybody gets disgusted, it's actually kindof cute.
As to why it didn't jump, from my experience with spiders, they tend to freeze when something big gets near them. I think they probably react that way so that they don't attract attention to themselves (it's not like they can outrun you).

AirVenture said:
We have those in Wisconins? Yikes!....looks around... :shock:

Hehe yup we have them in wisconsin. It doesn't look that bad when you are a normal distance away :) .

Smart spider though it was on my mosquito magnet waiting for mosquitos.

What a close close-up this is - once again it makes me wish I could get as close to little objects as this one is.

I think it looks quite interesting, but this may also be because I am not afraid of spiders and even take them into my hands to carry them outside, once I find one in the house. Well, there are no dangerous spiders where I live so I'm perfectly safe to touch them... But any of my attempts to photograph them have so far always produced a large photo and a small spider somewhere :roll:, despite the macro function on my telephoto lense...!

Ewwwwww gross!!!

I saw a documentary on PBS yesterday that had a bit about the jumping spider.

Eww! Eww! Eww! You should have seen it jump on the other spiders and poison them. Prolly shouldnt tell you now that i think theyre poisonous huh.

Karalee said:
You should have seen it jump on the other spiders and poison them.

The biter bitten huh?
Neat pic too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back