Spilloff

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Actually, this is from a water feature on a friend's property shot last year. And yes, the water drops are frozen solid in mid-spray.

$9470280142_fc264db0ed_o.jpg

And yes, the water drops are frozen solid in mid-spray.

That's frozen water...? Cool! It's a nice enough image, soft colors and good composition...just wondered what compelled you to capture it. Knowing that it was actually frozen helps explain the allure. (And I'm hoping that isn't coming off sounding negative, I'm just used to seeing more eye-grabbing stuff from you.) :)

I was just dinking about using some of my PS skills to make a crappy image into something relatively decent. Mostly I was alluding to another post where it was alluded to that water either had to be stopped in motion or blurred like milk, both of which I disagree on. But wanted to show I could and have used the technique. That's it in a nutshell.

Too much going on here to my taste. Lots of very nice bits and pieces, but at first glance it's just a pile of bits and pieces. Looking closer helps, but does not pull it together.

I do like the minor sense that you''re not sure of the scale of the thing (although there are some clues which give it away when you look closely) and there's some off-kilter "what is lower than what?" in the area behind the main "falls" there, which is sort of nice, and sort of ambiguous, and sort of not very nice. I would say I have mixed feelings about that ;)

There's a lot of very nice colors and forms here, but I feel like it's begging for some other treatment. Maybe isolations, closeups?

Also, light kind of flat and eh, which renders the larger rock masses somewhat blah, to my eye.

I was just dinking about using some of my PS skills to make a crappy image into something relatively decent. Mostly I was alluding to another post where it was alluded to that water either had to be stopped in motion or blurred like milk, both of which I disagree on. But wanted to show I could and have used the technique. That's it in a nutshell.

Ah, I gotcha. :) Thanks!

I broke Rule #1: I shot at mid-day...bleah light. ThoughtI might be able to fix it, but alas,,,naw.

Most reactions

Back