Split the Forum

AlexColeman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Who here thinks that the beginners forum should be split? I believe we should have a child image C&C forum. Then, have a forum for beginners questions. This might help eliminate clutter, and make it easier to get questions answered, and photos commented on. With enough support, the forum can be organized and tidy, with an easy way to answer questions, and get help. Thanks for your opinions.

Alex

This might not be a good idea. The Beginner's forum has more viewers than any of the other 35 categories. Which gives you the greatest chance of having several people check out your photos and provide help. Most categories have just a few viewers at a time. Split the forum further and the # of viewers will just go down.

And speaking of this -- please check out "Alternative." We need more people there. I highly recommend beginners try Holga, pinhole, antique cameras and even the old processes. There's a world of fun beyond digital. And you'll be surprised at your results!

Most of the "child C&C" photos we get in here are used as part of what would qualify as a beginner question. People who don't have these questions don't post child photos in this section. Splitting the forum would be pointless and if anything else would contribute to the problem of "the blind leading the blind" that sometimes goes on even now-- where someone with barely more experience than the questioner gives them ill-founded or inaccurate advice.

No, because if it was a split, helpers could be directed directly toward photos that need help, not beginner topics.The blind leading the blind thing goes on right now, splitting it so images can be commented on, will make it easier to find beginners who need help, and reduce all the threads begging for C&C.

Last edited:
it was split... that is, beginners images were in the galleries... we purposly created this forum so beginners can ask questions about photography and ask for help with thier images. Making more sections decreases activity, so its best together as it is.

p.s. i'll move this to the feedback section where its suppose to be... another disadvantage of having too may sections ;)

Then how come 3/4 of the threads are about "C&C my images"?

Alex,
Just don't open up those threads.

Problem solved.

it was split... that is, beginners images were in the galleries... we purposly created this forum so beginners can ask questions about photography and ask for help with thier images. Making more sections decreases activity, so its best together as it is.

p.s. i'll move this to the feedback section where its suppose to be... another disadvantage of having too may sections ;)

I remember back when it was, and when it was changed. Now that it has been in effect for a few months now I am beginning to think that perhaps a separation should be made, but not back to the old way though. I think that perhaps the beginners forum should have a gallery subforum with in it leaving the main forum section for Q&A or the other way around.

Most reactions

Back