Splitrock Light House

jubbin2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking through some photos from earlier this year and came across this one. I actually thought it came out pretty well. I originally had 2 different exposures and decided to try and merge them into one photo. Here is the end result. C&C welcome.

DSC_7259.jpg

Something more like this?

DSC_7259_crop.jpg

I really don't like that crop. I prefer the original crop better. I disagree with the other recommendation, I think the crop is perfectly fine and balanced.

It's a nice scene and well-captured.

The scene would probably look its best in dawn or dusk light. Right now, the mid-day directional light is pretty harsh and makes the image a bit bland.

I do prefer the tighter crop, if only there was a little more water in the bottom of the frame and a little more sky in the top of the frame. A square crop might work out well for this shot

The scene would probably look its best in dawn or dusk light. Right now, the mid-day directional light is pretty harsh and makes the image a bit bland.

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks for the comments. I do agree that the lighting at the time was less than ideal. Unfortunately we were on our way home from vacation when we stopped so its what I had to work with. I am actually kind of glad I happened to snap 2 exposures because I was able to bring back the details in the sky and clouds without them being blown. I will have to post the original as a comparison when I get home so you can see what I had to work with. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

I wonder what the first one would look like in black and white. Great shot!

Most reactions

Back