Sponsorship

marcgalera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.marcgalera.zzl.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My friend and I recently joined together to make a photography, ForeigntwOne.
i recently mailed a letter to Nikon asking for a sponorship for 2 Nikon D5000s.
how does sponsorship actually work?

Companies will sponsor a photographer when that photographer can help the company sell it's products.

Lets take a look at Joe McNally. Here's Joe's blog: Joe McNally's Blog

Joe is a professional photographer and a Nikon shooter. Joe has written a couple of successful photography books:

Amazon.com: Joe McNally: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

and is always touting Nikon's products. Joe always shows how and why he uses Nikon gear in his books, video's, and any other time he has an audience.

Nikon will be glad to send you a couple of D5000's as soon as you show them you can guarantee to get 2000 other people to BUY a Nikon product.

In other words, sponsorship is a way for companies to advertise by giving their products to photographers that are able to get in front of and speak to 100's of people through video's, blogs, books, magazine articles, etc.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
what are the chances that my friend and I will get a sponsorship from Nikon in your opinion?

Extremely, extremely slim would be my guess. A serious amount of personal recognition and notoriety seems to be a non-negotiable requirement.

what are the chances that my friend and I will get a sponsorship from Nikon in your opinion?
Nil.

In your letter, did you use capital letters and explain to Nikon how sponsoring you and your friend would help Nikon sell products? Did you provide a portfolio of the of images you and your friend have had published that will help promote the Nikon brand? Or did you just ask for a couple of free cameras and call it a sponsorship?

Nil.

In your letter, did you use capital letters and explain to Nikon how sponsoring you and your friend would help Nikon sell products? Did you provide a portfolio of the of images you and your friend have had published that will help promote the Nikon brand? Or did you just ask for a couple of free cameras and call it a sponsorship?

Kieth, do you think the Germans are more amicable? I am curious, I would like to start a photo business. What are the chances I could get a Hassleblad, if I send them a letter? Would I actually need to know how to use it. Do you think I could get a couple of them?....Sorry, I just couldn't resist:lol: O.K. I'm today's asshat, for the next 24 hours, but it's my birthday, so do I get a pass?:mrgreen:

Thanks,
J.:confused:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist:lol: O.K. I'm today's asshat, for the next 24 hours, but it's my birthday, so do I get a pass?:mrgreen:

Thanks,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hug:: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :hugs:

To one Saggittarian from another.

Boy, as kids, didn't we get the short end of the stick for our birthdays this time of year...lol

Sorry, I just couldn't resist:lol: O.K. I'm today's asshat, for the next 24 hours, but it's my birthday, so do I get a pass?:mrgreen:

Thanks,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hug:: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :hugs:

To one Saggittarian from another.

Boy, as kids, didn't we get the short end of the stick for our birthdays this time of year...lol

Very True....:lol:

There must be another forum somewhere for idiots who think they can get Nikon as a sponsor. Can we please step back in reality please.

Look at this persons profile, there camera of choice is a canon. Shouldnt they call Canon instead of Nikon.

Look at this persons profile, there camera of choice is a canon. Shouldnt they call Canon instead of Nikon.
Perhaps Canon was approached first but that didn't yield a result, initiating implementaion of Plan B, a letter to Nikon?

Not going to happen. Simple as that. Do you have any books out? Do you have any videos or help guides showing the use of strictly Nikon? Did you send them a portfolio of your work? If you answer "No" to all or any of these... then that is your answer as to if you will get sponsorship.

Harsh, well yes but that's the way business works. Sorry

Most reactions

Back