Spooky "dead" shoot - what do u think?

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Of course, as always, just wanted some feedback.

My friend and her mom wanted to do some "fun" shots, where she was suppose to be "dead."

What do you think? Too creepy?

Thanks!

Becky1.jpg

hmm, it looks not spooky to me, but more like from a silly/funny ghost movie... looks well done, funny, just not frightening :)

I think the make up is too evident, and the eyes too bright for a dead person.

Hehe - well she really isn't dead! :p But thanks for the suggestions!

We were just playing around and wondered what it would be like to do something like this. It was a lot of fun!

I've never really done a photo like this, so it was interesting to say the least. :wink:

Take it into photoshop (or whichever program you prefer), turn it to b&w (or sepia?), and burn down the catch light in her eyes. I think the color of the makeup keeps it from looking spooky and makes it look more like a silly 50's B horror movie, like Alex said. Cool idea though, "death photos" (of actual dead people) used to be very popular keepsakes around the turn of the century (1900, not 2000 :)). There's a pretty large gallery here (http://thanatos.net/galleries/categories.php?cat_id=1) if you're interested in continuing in this vein. It might give you a few ideas. I'm assuming you're not offended or upset by morbid (but in an almost pretty/sad way, not violent at all) images.

Much better but I'd toss some blur on the cheek to kill that shine.

Next time softn the light source, the reflections of light on the subjects skin seem to give the moistoned effect and dead skin dries out. Also have your model do the thing where she rolls the eyes in the back of her head. Her eyes give her away.

I like the low-key lighting, and it's accentuated more in the B&W photo. However, I think the original is the good one since it has an interesting mixture of colors plus the lighting. You take great close-ups.

This is the best thing i could think of.
I think the fan kills it. trying to be gothic.
It looks too much like halloween. no need for any make up at all
normal is more evil looking than anything.
IMG_0407_2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back