spooky old house...

rob1116

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thoughts and ideas are welcomed... mainly looking for cropping, adding/removing, color, angle, etc.

The PS job was quick-quick-quick; this won't be the final pic. I took several shots of varying exposure of this house I passed by... then I combined the darker sky with the brighter house; but they were shot hand-held, so they don't match up perfectly, hence the halo.

Meh... fire away!

dark_smaller.jpg

I think the picture is great, but the right third seems a little too dark.

I'll play with the levels on the right side... to get more details of the spooky tree there. The picture would be much more scary then :)

I too enjoyed the scary tree to the right... but I wanted only a wisper of outline to show it. Unfortunately the final jpeg compression pretty much homogenized the entire area, leaving it devoid of any real detail.

Now that you mention it, the right third does look overly dark, and thus rather empty. I do believe I will fix that, thanks!

quick session... perhaps a little better.

dark_small_2.jpg

wow I hate jpeg... the file inevitably comes out different than when I see it in PS before saving. Meh... looks like I somehow managed to desaturate the house and sky aswell :grumpy: you can never get away with a quick fix...

I think the first version of the picture is the best. I agree that the darkness around the tree is causing you to loose a lot of the detail on it, but I think that the fixes you did made the house too light. The first one gives me that Tim Burton feeling. I also enjoy the angle and framing you used.

Good Job

mask the house off and apply your effect but be careful, you have already started to create an unreal look to the tree in the first shot.

Most reactions

Back