Spooky Tree

Rob A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
hey guys, what do you think of this. i have done ALOT of dodging and burning in the sky as it was quite dull in parts. what are your comments? thanks :thumbsup:

Tree.jpg

Very powerful. You've created a wonderful mood here. Just goes to show that dodge and burn can only be a good thing. You've used it to great effect here. Good job!

could u please explain what this "dodge and burn" tool is??? i really like the dark tones u have on this and would like to try this technique on some b/w i have.......

Dodge and Burn are tools on Photoshop that you can use to lighten and smooth areas that are lighter, or to darken shadows, or mess with in between tones. It's pretty simple, if you have Photoshop I'd advice just messing around with it. Select the tool, and use it like a paintbrush over the areas you want to change the exposure on. I'd also suggest going up and lowering the exposure slide bar thingy to something pretty low, like between 5 and 15. This gives you maximum control.

excellent use of the tool! i like this very much and it does create an interesting mood! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back