spot

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CRW_1830pole-vi.jpg

If you would notice, you'll see 2 tiny spots on the upper left side of the image. Its the stain on my lens which is yet to be cleaned.
How can I erase those spots in PS? How do we copy-paste in PS?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks jadin, I fixed it! here is the new image!
CRW_1830pole-vi.jpg

Please .... critique me! :)

Let's see...

Composition:
Not sure what you're going for here. To me it's a snapshot, not a photo you tried to compose or frame. Look up, and click the shutter. There isn't anything in the photo to keep my attention. It looks like it's normal height so it's not a "unique" angle or anything like that. I just think it needs a subject. Something to bring in your attention.

Lighting:
Your lighting is fine if only a little under-exposed (most likely due to the camera over compensating for the bright clouds.) If you want more detail in the shadows you can photoshop the shadows giving a little more to them.

Technical:
Your photo is technically sound.

Post-processing:
Your removal of the spots works fine, but I really had to look hard to see them to begin with, so not a lot to worry about. Not sure what else you did to the photo, the colors look good, I'm assuming you used a polarizer. Looks pretty good as far as editing goes.

Overall:
Your photo is _technically_ sound. But lacks artistic interpretation. It is possible to take excellent photos of _ordinary_ things, but you need to find more intriguing angles, different viewpoints. Stuff that makes your photo unique. Right now I'd say it'd be pretty easy to duplicate just going out on a partly cloudy day and looking up and snapping a photo.

First thing that came to my mind would be to get right next to the telephone pole, lay on your back looking at the sky, and use a deep depth of field. Get a good shot of the sky, the telephone pole, but most importantly the texture of the wood. I think that would make it a compelling, and very unique shot.

Sorry for the long critique, this is my "standard" critique form, makes it easier to cover all the bases.

jadin said:
Let's see...

Composition:
Not sure what you're going for here. To me it's a snapshot, not a photo you tried to compose or frame. Look up, and click the shutter.

True. It was just a snap shot.

I did not use a polarizer. But I did play with the curves, which is why I posted this image for critique.

Thanks for the comments jadin. :)

I think the photo is technically sound. But I can't find any compositional value. The lower left corner has 3 repeating shapes (which is usually considered to be a no-no in art paintings). And you are an artist as evidenced by your previous submissions.

Thanks canonrebel for the comment.
I was not serious when I took this shot. As jadin puts it, it was merely a snapshot.

Could you however elaborate on the "3 repeating shapes" that you mentioned?

PS: By the way, I have no formal training in art paintings

CRW_1830polevi1-vi.jpg

;)

Thanks Matt for the suggestion. I like it now!

danalec99 said:
Thanks canonrebel for the comment.
I was not serious when I took this shot. As jadin puts it, it was merely a snapshot.

Could you however elaborate on the "3 repeating shapes" that you mentioned?

triangles.jpg

Repitition of similar forms is a strong element of comp when it is used to lead the eye to a focal point.

PS: By the way, I have no formal training in art paintings
That isn't readily apparent from looking at some of your submissions.

BTW, I find your edited version with only the clouds and lamp less straineous and easier to view....
Cheers

Thanks for pointing out the "shapes" cr :)

Have a good one!

Most reactions

Back