spots :(

Also a sensor loupe with a very bright light shows me specs I would never see without it.

Well since I also do this when travelling light, I will not have a loupe with me. I purely judge it by the out-of-focus test image of an even surface at small aperture. I then scan through the test image using my camera's screen zoomed in at pixel resolution. A bit cumbersome sometimes I have to admit.

Well now im confused. i started a thread last night asking about sensor cleaning. and i was told that the rocket CAN be used followed by an arctic butterfly. should i really follow through with this because this thread has put some serious doubt into blowing air onto it.

I said my piece. People can and do just about anything. What's that video about 2 girls, a cop and a dixie cup? They do it at their own risk. You might be able to do it 100 times and nothing bad will happen - or you might end up having to take your camera to the repair shop the very first time to get some foreign matter removed. It's up to you - but just don't say you weren't warned. ;)

I use the Arctic Butterfly, but if you do not do a cleaning very often, you can take it into Black or henerys and they will clean it or send it off to be cleaned.
If you are not sure, just send it off.

just blow it off with a little compressed air. be careful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back