Spray and Pray, the new and encouraged way to shoot weddings.

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by eric-holmes, Mar 23, 2012.

1. eric-holmes

eric-holmes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The System | A 10 Step Guide To Starting Your Photography Business

People are raving over this and it is completely scary!

"Don't bring a lot of gear. The more gear you bring, the more confusing things get."

Spray and Pray. Shoot a lot and if you forget what to do with your camera, just click it into "P" mode and shoot away."

2. Gaerek

Gaerek No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Let's be honest, being a good business person is FAR more important in wedding photography than being a good photographer.

And of course people are raving over it. It's a supposedly easy way to make money on photography. It really reminds me of those late night infomercials, "For an investment of $99.99, you get our foolproof program to be on your way to being a millionaire!" People want the easy way out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That is indeed pretty scary advice. Although, it does say that it is advice for people who are shooting their first wedding...and the whole theme of that 'system' seems to be aimed at people with no actual experience anyway.

It's also one big ad for their products and seminars.

I've been saying it for years...the best way to make money in photography, is to sell to 'wanna be' photographers, rather than people who actually want to pay you for your photos.

It's like fishing lures. They are designed to attract fishermen, not fish. :roll:

4. DiskoJoe

DiskoJoe Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is just a sales pitch. maybe you didnt get to the part where they will design your own custom sight in one day for $1500! Sheesh. You could get the same templates the would use for about $30 and pay a designer $100-200 and get the same thing. They are totally looking for the gold nugget seeking noobs.

5. DiskoJoe

DiskoJoe Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Dont underrate the art of selling yourself and your work. The business man always comes before the artist when money is involved.

I remember those infomercials. I remember one about the easy money in commodities. Well, I have a finance degree now and commodities are one of the riskiest markets out there. Not to mention you need to have lots of money to get into them and the accounts shift daily. You could be up one day and owe thousands the next. Seasoned professional heavily protect themselves when getting into these markets.

6. ann

ann No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, you made my weekend!:( Chrome won't load so maybe I am lucky after all.

God helps us all (thank goodness I don't do weddings :))

7. 2WheelPhoto

2WheelPhoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    They should distribute this advice at bestbuy and amazon.com for every DSLR and kit lens sold [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. pgriz

pgriz Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Multi-level marketing was going to be the next big thing. Turns out, you had to go to the expensive courses and seminars. That's where the peopel who were featured as examples, really made their money.

All these financial journals are going to make you millionaires, as long as you buy the subscriptions to their newsletters and/or courses. Uh-huh.

So many pitches on the internet to show you how to make tons of money... as long as you buy the secret described in this book, that course... Uh-huh.

My father-in-law (a successful businessman) told me that to be good in business, you need to be organized, persistent, smart, hard-nosed, and lucky. If there is an easy way to riches, someone has already found it, and is NOT sharing the secret.

So this helpful pitch... is a pitch. If they trot out ten people who went through the process are are now successful, then fine. But I don't think they have those.

9. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Guess this is like all those stockmarket or propertly market guides that guarantee to make you a fortune in next to no space of time with next to no effort. The problem is the people that keep attending and keep paying forget that its a practical lesson not a lesson in theory ;)

They clearly show how to make one person a lot of money from any market - by running similar money making guide schools ;)

10. xposurepro

xposurepro TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is like saying Craigslist is the new and encouraged method of marketing LOL

11. c.cloudwalker

c.cloudwalker TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

:lmao:

There is no god. But thank god I don't do weddings either, lol.

12. chuasam

chuasam Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit

With the amount of money that some couples are expecting to pay their wedding photographers, I'd say that they jolly well deserve it too.