Spring Fever

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've got Spring Fever soooooo bad! Comments and critique please.
orangeflowersw.jpg

did you retouch them? the out of focus background looks like it was blured in photoshop, IMHO it needs more exposure in the bacground so you don't feel the flowers were just pasted.

Very beautiful. I somewhat agree with Cuervo. I don't think the background needs to be changed. The blurring is just about right. But they do look a bit pasted....perhaps just unsharpening a little bit would help? Also, another nit is the very tip of the pedal on top being nipped off. All in all a wonderful capture.

Thank you for the suggestion CCD. (BTW-I'm a BIG fan of your photos:hail: ). Thank you guys for looking and I'll try the unsharp mask. "Unsharp" just scares me a little as I spend so much time and $ trying to make the images sharp. :lmao:

Thanks again!

Don't get mad Christie Photo. I'm trying to learn....honest.:mrgreen:

Here is the unsharp mask at 3.0. Is this going the right way? Why does it seem sharper when I am "unsharping"?

orangeflowerswus.jpg

nice, i can't wait for spring, it's just that we never get it until summer, the unsharp mask has definately gone the wrong way, beautiful flower though..

i love this! your perfected use DOF really makes this jump off the page.

regarding the second effort; i think its a bit overdone. i'm assuming you create your end result in camera and do very minor post adjustments. becoming a little familar with basic PS will give some images a real boost. if interested, email me anytime for help.

elsaspet said:
Don't get mad Christie Photo.

I'm tuely sorry. :blushing: I didn't come across well. I never meant to sound impatient with you. I need to improve my written communication skills. Please allow me a "do-over."

I find your original post to be a perfectly fine photograph. I think the ratio of lighting on the subject to the background is good. The deeper tones in the background is what gives your image so much impact.

The unsharp mask is used to sharpen an image. When I saw more than one recommendation to use the tool to soften a perfectly fine soft background, I was taken aback by the advice.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

-Pete

Christie Photo. I was kidding. I love everyones help. Honestly, thank you. *hugs*

JonMikal, I just got CS about two weeks ago and I'm still not very comfortable with it. I always seem to either underdo or overdo. You know I worship your work! Any advise you can give on CS is always welcome.

Thanks everyone. We are going to have a near 90 degree day here in N. Texas today with Beautiful skies. Spring is here. Ahhhhhhhh.

I like the first example. The blurred background makes the flowers pop. The second example has an amaturish halo which ruins the shot, IMO. It looks too contrived.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back