Spring fever

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
This was shot about three weeks ago. I am not sure what to think of the photo. I do know that we are starting to defrost and camping is just around the corner. When the gate opens it will be on!

Please reply with current climate conditions and thoughts of the photo.

So...is this a national park entrance? It seems like such a cold photo...barring the way to the mountains and the land. It's a very good image, it just annoys me that the road is barred. :wink:

I hope you get in there soon, if you haven't already!

Please reply with current climate conditions and thoughts of the photo.

Cool crisp Autumn... sunny and a bit nippy here on the North Island!

I like the idea of this photo, this a type of shot I really like taking. Its a story shot (why is the road closed? What lays ahead?). There is some good geometry with the cattle grid and the gate.

The corners exhibit your lens hood, what lens are you using (only reason I noticed I had to crop several of my photos because of the darn lens hood :(). Also the sky to the left is a bit too washed out, but I like the cold feeling the picture generates. I would like to see that red on the gate really really bright and saturated just stand more against the bleakness of the background - Kinda of like warning folks: 'hey buddy we still got winter going on here!'

Cool pic and excellent theme Craig!

Thanks for all the comments!!! This is in Grand Teton National Park near the town of Kelly, WY.(population 100). As far as I can tell, the only reason they block it is because our government is to cheap to maintain the grounds year round. Don't get me started on the diminishing funds given to our National Parks. Needless to say we frequent the National Wilderness areas as opposed to National Parks.

Anyway, this gate is more of a symbol than anything. When it opens we know that tourist season has officially hit. The camping beyond this gate is pretty lame. It is geared toward RV's.

My spring fever has taken a turn for the worse. Yesterday it was 60 degrees and sunny. At this moment in time it is snowing. :?

I knew I should have bought a real lens hood!

Most reactions

Back