hamburger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.heidorn-hamburg.de
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

oh yes, we do get the occasional spring day - and I don't mean the typical April variety where anything goes (from bright sunshine to hail...).

Even the shrubs on my balcony have begun to produce leaves and blossoms and I couldn't resist the temptation to try a few close-ups of the one that has risen from its slumber, profiting from the last rays of sunshine. Keep in mind that these blossoms are less than an inch in diameter and so will appear much larger here than they are in actual fact!

# 1
balkon2830030731.jpg

# 2
balkon2830030743.jpg

# 3
balkon2830030734.jpg

# 4
balkon2830030738.jpg

Prunus triloba -
[SIZE=-1]Double Flowering Almond Tree

Last Wednesday I took my class for a nature excursion and, as usual, my camera was part of the party. And as usual, I couldn't resist sneaking a few glances right and left and spotted these few as yet unnamed heralds of spring:

# 5
boberg0404071.jpg

# 6
boberg0404072.jpg

# 7
boberg0404077.jpg

# 8
boberg0404076.jpg

# 9
boberg0404074.jpg

[/SIZE]
I'm aware they're not perfect - the breeze kept flicking them from focus - but at least they certainly enhanced my mood!

Ooooo, I am in love with your Photo 1 here.
Lovely, wonderful backlight! The blossom seems to shine from within. How lovely. And your close-up lens gives your photos a lovely blurred background, so the flowers do stand out. The late afternoon/early evening light brought out the colours so well!
I also like Photo 3 with the "mirror reflection" (which it is not, I know!) of the flower in the background. Well, I like how it almost looks like a mirror reflection.

Those little white flowers remind me of those of the plum trees in our front garden. Those of the tree that produces green leaves (not reddish ones) can be seen here . I have never posted the pics of the other blossoms, though I could not NOT take them :greenpbl: !!!

Most reactions

Back