Spring, thank GOD!!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.annikashultz.com
It's here in Chicago! Went to the Morton Arboretum today, first time my camera has seen the outdoors since January! :blushing: In the meantime it has enjoyed doing some nice product shots at work...

But here is what it really likes to do! I decided I felt like shooting almost all macro today, in honor of the new buds that are starting to come out.

Daffodil, trumpeting in the spring.
IMG_1156.jpg

Hook burrs, the inspiration for Velcro.
IMG_1174.jpg

A lone pine cone on a wooden gate.
IMG_1176.jpg

Weeping willows just starting to bloom.
IMG_1179.jpg

I liked the red dots on these fuzzy buds.
IMG_1184.jpg

Delicate survivor of a Chicago winter.
IMG_1187.jpg

Crown of thorns -- this tree was absolutely covered in them.
IMG_1190.jpg

Magnolia bud about to explode! It looks like a duck sticking out its fat tongue.
IMG_1195.jpg

Not budding yet...
IMG_1199.jpg

Another winter survivor ready for petals.
IMG_1204.jpg

Tiny bouquet.
IMG_1205.jpg

Thanks for looking! :wink:

Nice series! My favorites are the pine cone, magnolia bud and “Tiny Bouquet"…

Excellent use of creative DOF!

Can't wait for the flowers at the Minnesota arboretum to make themselves available!!

Ah yes spring is here! very nice series and I think it conveys that spring feeling well.

Lovely series and nice dof. My faves are the hook burrs, pine cone and fuzzy buds. Haven't seen you on the forum for a while...nice to have you back.

Antarctican said:
Lovely series and nice dof. My faves are the hook burrs, pine cone and fuzzy buds. Haven't seen you on the forum for a while...nice to have you back.

Thanks everyone, for the comments! Yes, Antarctican, I've been awfully quiet. Been a little depressed the way I always get in March in Chicago...everything is grey, cloudy, and dirty! Eew! But some nice things are going to start happening with the warmer weather and I'll get out more! :) One project I'm looking forward to trying out is a polo match and some horse races...wheee!

Thanks again!

you captured some beauties here. i like the pine cone best

thanks for sharing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back