Squirrel Picture

anox3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anything I could have done better with this shot?

sq.jpg

Those flowers to the left out and concentrated on getting his feet into the image.

cutting off part of your composition, expecially the feet, makes me wonder why you didn't see what you were looking at through the viewfinder.

it is a great image. I like it a lot but we learn from our mistakes. TRY TO LOOK closer before you make that -=click=- COMPOSITION is so important.

Firstly, the expression on it's face is priceless.

As for possible improvements, IMO, the shot would have worked better if it were vertical.

Firstly, the expression on it's face is priceless.

As for possible improvements, IMO, the shot would have worked better if it were vertical.

I agree. If the shot was taken vertically you would have gotten the whole squirrel in the frame. Excellent expression though and I do know you have to move fast as you never know when the little bugger is going to run away!

i like the composure and light balancing, but id add a speech bubble and witty comment

Classic mistake on composition - the face is right smack bang in the middle and it means you've lost the rear end.

As has been said - vertical and concentrate on getting the whole body, unless you're close enough to go for a head and shoulders shot.

that's great, loved the expression on his face, but I agree, you should have his feet in the picture

Oh for heaven's sake. It's not as if the poster was able to pose this squirell, thus the feet being cut off. Look at typical printed PJ shots, and they almost ALWAYS have "parts" cut off.

Look, don't worry about the "cut off feet. I'm in love with the way the little guy seems to be smiling. The image is razor sharp and the dof is terrific. The flowers, imo ADD to the photo. The only nit, and a small one at that, is that you might crop portrait length on the tree, to enhance the squirell visually a bit. Another thing you could try is to burn the squirell, and burn and dodge the tree for greater contrast.
WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

i do miss the feet but gosh, i love this picture. i feel like he's looking right at me. i like the dof and the expression just gets me. :)

I had a squirrel decide to live in my attic and it peed on my ceiling so they're not as cute to me as they use to be, but as far as this shot is concerned, you caught the squirrel with a great expression.

I prefer the landscape orientation here and maybe if you cropped the image tightly around the squirrel, with the squirrel to the left and as much tree as possible on the right, people might not miss the feet as much.

Why don't you post us a couple cropped versions of this picture and we can pick which one we like the best?

He's laughing

Most reactions

Back