Sr. Picture

Photo_Mama2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_2494_edited-2.jpg#1$IMG_2525_edited-1.jpg#2$IMG_2543_edited-1.jpg#3 Here is some pictures I took for my brother. Just got my lights and was also testing them out :) C&C is welcome

They came out pretty well except for a couple of small issues. In #2, there's no delineation between his left side and the background (that could be fixed with the dodge tool). In #3, it appears that there's a line going from the backdrop into his face.

Really not fond of the angles here; the lighting is good in #1, but in #2 & 3 I suspect you light was too high, and his eyes are rather dark, and especially in #2 his shirt is lost in the background. What I don't get here is any sense of who he is; what his interests are, etc. One of the goals in senior pictures (IMO) is to capture personality, and record "who" the person was; if he's a sports guy, show him in his uniform(s), or with ball, hockey-stick, etc. Show him at favorite locations, maybe with his car, etc. Since it's your brother, you've got no excuse for not going back and shooting some more! ;)

Really not fond of the angles here; the lighting is good in #1, but in #2 & 3 I suspect you light was too high, and his eyes are rather dark, and especially in #2 his shirt is lost in the background. What I don't get here is any sense of who he is; what his interests are, etc. One of the goals in senior pictures (IMO) is to capture personality, and record "who" the person was; if he's a sports guy, show him in his uniform(s), or with ball, hockey-stick, etc. Show him at favorite locations, maybe with his car, etc. Since it's your brother, you've got no excuse for not going back and shooting some more! ;)
He had some other pictures done back in the fall outside... Mom wanted to get a more traditional style picture. Hes not in any sports although he loves Racing, Basketball and football, he does not participate in any. Once the weather gets nice again, I plan on doing some more, some with tools and his car,(he is in auto tech in school)

These don't look bad to me but I have like zero experience in people photography. The one thing I do notice is that there is a huge crease in your backdrop.

i really dont like the angle though. lol
c1qsk2M.jpg

Im of the opinion that if the client like them there is no Questions

cheers

I think that the skin-smoothing gives a very plastic look to these.
The original is on the left and has a magenta cast when compared with the other side.

IMG_2494_edited-2-1222.jpg

Lew nailed it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back