Sssssssssssss...........

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Green Tree Snake, Nashville TN Zoo

sssss.jpg

Looks more like an emerald tree boa than a green tree python...

either way, Its a kick but picture!!! I really like how the entirety of its head is in focus.

Wow!
This is amazing, made my heart change pace.
The detail in the scales, water droplets and :blushing: "yellow plates that go around it's mouth and seem to go inside the mouth" is awesome. The dof is just right for me, letting us see the had framed by it's own body without detracting from it.
The sharpness of the eye just completes the image!

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: the February POTM thread is not up yet. I have to keep in mind to nominate this one later :D

Beautiful. REminds me of Ka from Jungle Book.

Dani.

Looks more like an emerald tree boa than a green tree python...

either way, Its a kick but picture!!! I really like how the entirety of its head is in focus.

You are correct sir, it is an emerald tree boa... I named the wrong one.

I always wanted on of these...back when I was keeping snakes. They are one of the harder species to keep though, and they are very expensive.

Great shot.

Hey now ... cool I did not miss this one! (I nearly did) ... Must show it to Sabine, too. She will like it a lot, too!
Beautiful animal, photographed perfectly ... a little bit of "dragon" got mixed with these, don't you think so? ;)

tree boa's and pythons are my one of my favourite species of snakes. They look absolutely stunning and you captured it well. Groovy looking :)

Thank you all for your kind words.

This was kind of a hard critter to shoot. He was in a very dark display, behind glass that was not particularly clean. After getting out the windex (yes, I actually carry windex and wipes) and cleaning it off, I used my SB-600 to bounce off the top of the display, and it was really hard finding an exposure that didn't blow out the yellows... I couldn't use the flash very strong because I didn't want to disturb the snake (my goal is to take his picture, not hurt his eyes with my flash). Additionally, I put on a rubber lens hood so I could put the lens directly up against the glass to limit the flash/glass glare as much as possible... it was a double window as I recall, which are hideous to shoot through...

It is a bit softer than I would like, but that comes from having to shoot though a couple of layers of glass at a slight angle... the glass used in caging most certainly isn't photographic quality or multicoated, so there is always going to be image degradation. Still, you use what you have, and that's what I had.

I tried several apertures before I settled on the one I used... I also set the focus manually to his eye, dropping my focus point directly on where the eye meets the eyelid to get the best focus area.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back