St charles bridge in Prague

meesh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a picture of the St Charles bridge in Prague. I tried to fix the color profiles to sRGB, but Im still having trouble with the colors when i upload it. It looks fine in photoshop (or at least i think so) but i cant seem to get the colors right! any help would be appreciated... not only with the color problem, but also the composition and all other aspects. I didn't have a tripod, so I realize it's a little blurry... I tried to sharpen it, but then it looks grainy... suggestions?:blushing:
20070708praguenightst.jpg

I thought I would give it a try.......

prague_C.jpg

****Post edited by Chase, please review the following info to help us get as much value as possible out of the critique forums****

Please try and be more helpful than merely editing the photo. Why did you edit it? What did you do? What is your critique of the original image?

Specific Technical Assitance Guidelines
Specific Technical Assitance References

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for the help....My internet is really slow right now and I keep losing connection, so I haven't even had the chance to look at them. Ill make sure to review the guidelines once my internet decides to cooperate with me! Thanks again..and sorry for not being specific enough.... Ill post again.

Meesh, the remarks by a moderator were added to the postings by the other two members who, instead of offering you a critique (this is the critique section, after all), just went about to play with your pic as they saw fit.

If anyone wants their photos merely worked on by others, we have a subsection on the Photo Themes called Photoshop Challenges. That is the place where photos that the OP only wants to get worked on by others (presumably fitter in PS than himself) should go into. See?

Not sure, but I think using 'save for web' should convert the profile.

Your picture does not look noisy, I'm surprised that sharpen it lightly will bring so much grain. :scratch:

A word about composition, for me, you have really to much sky in this one. Because the sky is not especially nice and not the subject of the picture, I would suggest to keep the horizon line on the upper third.

hey meesh I did not think the color was that bad in your post I think it is a little dark so here is my try
173078742-O.jpg

this is what all I did I upped the exposure .51, fill light 9, brightness +22, clarity 40, vibrance +28, saturation +4, I played with the tone curve +11 on the lights, 0 on highlights, +4 on the darks and +5 for the shadows. I also sharpened it some 37 for amount, 1.1 for radius, 46 for detail, and added a mask of 21. to help with some of the grain I added some noise reduction luminance of 36 and color of 17. for affect I added lens vignetting amount -100 and midpoint 17 all of this was done in lightroom 1.1 I don
t know if it helped any just my try. oh I also croped some of the sky down. If you like any of it try it on your original and let us see if it works.

Most reactions

Back