St. Michael's Cemetery

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This cemetery is right behind St. Michael's Ukrainian Orthodox Church, the oldest existing Ukrainian church in Canada (1899).

All of the below shot with Nikon D70s with Tamron 28-75mm or Tokina 11-16mm.

The first two are exercises in over-saturation; I was trying to give a different look to an otherwise gloomy place.

f/2.8 @ 32 mm, 1/8000, ISO 200

f/4 @ 11 mm, 1/8000, ISO 200

f/2.8 @ 11 mm, 1/4000, ISO 200

f/2.8 @ 44 mm, 1/4000, ISO 200

f/2.8 @ 11 mm, 1/8000, ISO 200

f/2.8 @ 11 mm, 1/8000, ISO 200

I don't think I've ever spent so much time in a cemetery in my whole life.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I think that cemeteries are one of the most exciting places to take photos. You did a lovely job of it too. I really like #2. And I like your black and whites and the mood that they project.

Thanks Debbie, Arto & Anty! This cemetery was in a really secluded place. In the 90 minutes (if not more) that I was there, only three other people visited, so it was easy to try different angles without disturbing anybody above ground level. A really a cool place to shoot.

I like everything sbout these pictures, the wide angle perspectives, over saturation, lighting and subject matter, as well as the use of both B&W and color. Well done!

I kid you not, they look yellow to me. :lol:

In fact, I was like "hey nice, man they look a little yellow... man Federico would think I was insane if I thought some other dude's pictures all looked yellow... who posted these anyway.... oh... wait... these ARE Federico's!!!!!!"

Anyway, nice. I like the last one particularly. :)

The first one is indeed a bit too yellow; I was wondering if anybody other than me was going to notice it :lmao:

Anyway, nice. I like the last one particularly. :)
Yep, the last one is my favourite of the lot too. Thanks for your comment.

The first one is indeed a bit too yellow; I was wondering if anybody other than me was going to notice it :lmao:

Oh good... I thought for sure you were going to have me murdered for this, but it was just too damned funny not to tell you. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back