St. Patricks Day Parade in Scranton, PA

JonnyVPA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Scranton, PA is my Hometown but im constantly movi
this Parade is the 2nd Largest St. Pats parade in the country.... Definetly a good time.

These were shot on either Kodak Portra 400VC or Kodak Portra 160NC (mostly VC) taken with a Nikon N90s w/ either a Sigma 28-90mm or Nikkor 200mm
Gimmme some Feedback... I LOVE IT !!!

aboveitallbw.jpg

dontunderestimatethelittleman.jpg

hi.jpg

Enders.jpg

godimtired.jpg

godimbored.jpg

bigbike.jpg

awwwlookatthemonkey.jpg

AHHHH.jpg

wow.jpg

WHOA.jpg

wheresallthefreestuff.jpg

whatareyoulookingat.jpg

sittingirish.jpg

semperfi.jpg

outtagas.jpg

iknowexactlywhatimdoing.jpg

holyhillbillies.jpg

*scratches head* But it's not St. Patrick's Day yet. :confused:

Either way, I really like the first one. You not only used DOF, but the foreground is actually blurred, not just out of focus. (If that makes any sense). Nice job.

pretty cool effect with #2 and loving the bagpipes... soo completely off-topic, and Im sure you get asked this all the time, but scranton??? isnt that from the office? I LOOOVE THAT SHOW!

#2 doesnt have any effects on it.... its just a camera controlled Motion blur.... I took the shot at 1/60th while moving the camera with the motorcycle. Definetly a fun thing to do.

as for Scranton haha.... yes the office is based off the city and they were actually filming that day... but i didnt get there in time to see the filming. But Very rarely do they film in town... its all LA ****... that show is NOTHING like scranton. We Have accents here and the supposed "Dunder Mifflen" building is actually an abandoned warehouse hahaa

gotta love it .....

Thanks

I really like these a lot, all exposed well and composed nicely too imho.

I was surprised you said portra 160/400 though, the only time I've used portra 160 I wasn't pleased with the color that resulted, but it looks great in here. Have you photoshopped the color at all?

#2 doesnt have any effects on it.... its just a camera controlled Motion blur.... I took the shot at 1/60th while moving the camera with the motorcycle. Definetly a fun thing to do.

as for Scranton haha.... yes the office is based off the city and they were actually filming that day... but i didnt get there in time to see the filming. But Very rarely do they film in town... its all LA ****... that show is NOTHING like scranton. We Have accents here and the supposed "Dunder Mifflen" building is actually an abandoned warehouse hahaa

gotta love it .....

Thanks
Yeah, I'm new to photography- but i love that effect still.... always wanted to try it, but didnt know how long to keep the shutter open... accents in scranton? thats awesome...i love hearing different accents from all over the US to the all over the world

I really like these a lot, all exposed well and composed nicely too imho.

I was surprised you said portra 160/400 though, the only time I've used portra 160 I wasn't pleased with the color that resulted, but it looks great in here. Have you photoshopped the color at all?

No, I have not. That's what i like about the Portra films, if you expose it correctly you get fantastic results, therefore, not as much post processing. It depends on what you use though as well. The Portra "NC" films are for Natural color, so what you see in your camera is what you get on the film. The Portra VC stands for Vibrant Color (or in more true terms, VARIABLE CONTRAST) so if its Contrast you like, then i would choose the VC films... and for most portraits i like using the NC because in the Post processing, it gives you alot better options... and its great for studio lighting because you can see the shot before you even take it (if your using hotlights like myself). But for events and such i really dig the VC.... perfect for natural light stuff, even on a cloudy day like above. Definetly 2 of my favorite Color films wierdly enough though i really HATE most kodak films except for the Portra series

Have fun, give em all a shot.

Most reactions

Back