St. Paul's Church, Sketty, Swansea late afternoon

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had to go to the dentist in Sketty, Swansea, so parked up by the sea front and walked the 2 miles to the dentist. Passed the beautiful St Paul's church on my way. I only had my 50mm lens with me so took 5 shots and stitched them together...Took this on the way back as the light started to colour...

Fuji GFX100s GF 50 f/3.5

St Pauls Sketty, Swansea by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Nice clear shot but its too yellow......

In your opinion, it might be. The sun was bright from the West, and colouring of the sun was yellow, reflected on to the church. Daylight White Balance would have been too neutral. AWB in Lightroom had the warmth of the scene and matched the light at the time - about an hour before sunset.

Personally, I like the yellow in the above. There weren't heavy shadows as the light was channelled from a gap in houses so the church was getting a full blast of light that was gold. The new nostalgic negative simulation that can be used in Lightroom on RAW does saturate things quite a bit, but I'm not into neutralising tones that would make it a simple record shot.

Here is a version splitting the difference by decreasing the yellows a tad and bringing out the red of the roof a little

St Pauls Sketty-2 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

You know I am a fan of your work, but I have to agree the yellow is a bit overpowering, even in the last that you did. Just a matter of opinion, and I still believe you must please yourself first!

the last version looks the best to me, nice color.

Most reactions

Back