St. Peter's Square Rome scene: C&C please

gingerol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around for a while, reading and enjoying everyone's experience but never really posting any photos.
Please kindly give me a C&C of this shot. I took it this morning at St. Peter's Rome.

Many thanks!

$IMG_1206.JPG

well, it's basically a snapshot to me with the subject dead center. It could've been taken on any busy street corner in the world. Not trying to be rude, just don't really see anything special about it.

It's in focus with correct exposure....keep shooting and work on composition. If you've never heard of the "rule of thirds", check it out. It will help you compose like a pro.

That was a fine instance to click...liked it, of course, could have avoided dead center; i think you can trim out the two persons in blue suit which distract a bit and mean while make the couple off center :D

The problem, the way I see it is how you titled the photo...

We have NO idea that was taken in St. Peter's square. Since the location is not the subject. The subject(s) are the couple in the photo. Their interaction between each other could happen anywhere. Now, I'm not a street photographer, but when I look at street photography I expect two things: 1) The photo to get me to ask more questions that it answers. 2) The subject(s) interaction should be characteristic of the location (if you chose to include the location in the title and location is not directly obvious.)

I would have titled it... Stop, thief ;)

Good dof and the couple are well in focus, but agree what has been said, it could have been taken anywhere

Most reactions

New Topics

Back