TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Stac Pollaidh 1 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Sac Pollidh (pronounced "stack polly") is a very distinctive mountain in the fantastic Assynt mountain range in Sutherland, in the North West Scotland. Its unique shape is instantly recognisable and somewhat iconic. I've been meaning to get a good shot of it for a few years now, so I was quite pleased when I recently had a short break in the area and the weather was good, though what you can't see in this shot is the grey cloud behind the camera which was threataning to roll over.

I'd have liked it if the air was a bit clearer, there was a bit too much haze to be ideal. I wish I'd taken a landscape shot of this and included a bit more water, but the ticks were out in force in this area.

To be honest I find the colours a little off, the tones generally too dark for such harsh light, with very little separation in both luminosity and colour (needs more variety in both) especially in the grass. It looks a little compressed and flat:

mod-1.jpg

I know what you mean about the haze as I'm just back from the Uists (I'll bore you later). It's like 'dirty haze' and not great for colour photography so usually has me reaching for B&W film and the orange filter:

mod-bw.jpg

Thanks Tim, I appreciate the input. I'm finding it a bit hard to judge with my latest shots.

I'll look forward to hearing about your Uists trip!

Most reactions

Back