Standard Cropping?

cfphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisfesslerphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When providing a client a disc with their edited/retouched photos from a session (if that's what they paid for), do you provide them all images in only the standard 4x6 crop ratio, a different one, or the same image in multiple ratios?

I just give them the standard 2:3 ratio. I explain to them the difference when cropping for 8x10 or 5x7 prints etc. and tell them that I can assist them if they have trouble when ordering prints etc.

I do the same. I give 99.9% of all my images in 2:3, with the rare exception being when I purposely compose an image for a requested print size or album layout. I think most clients expect to be able to print 4x6s of their proofs if they desire. If you give them proofs in a variety of crop ratios you're probably only asking for a headache down the line.

I know this thread is a little old but I have a question about this. Do you keep different folders with different sizes of the same photos in case they want a different size print? I am just starting out and am editing my first boudoir shoot. I need to crop some of the photos but am unsure what size to crop to. Do I just ask the client what size she would like?

I know this thread is a little old but I have a question about this. Do you keep different folders with different sizes of the same photos in case they want a different size print? I am just starting out and am editing my first boudoir shoot. I need to crop some of the photos but am unsure what size to crop to. Do I just ask the client what size she would like?
Clients are usually clueless about print sizes and the different aspect ratios.

2:3 (4x6, 8x12, 16x24) is not a standard size. Neither is 4:5 (4x5, 8x10, 16x20), or 5:7 (wallets, 5x7, 10x14).

If you didn't shoot to allow for cropping to different aspect ratios, you could be shooting yourself in the foot by even asking a client.

No. I keep different aspect ratio crops of a shoot in the same folder. I just add the aspect ratio to the file name: boudoirshoot_067_5-20-10_2-3.jpg, boudoirshoot_067_5-20-10_4-5.jpg

Ok, that sounds good. I will crop to a few aspects and keep them all. Thanks

Most reactions

Back